PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to get a new ball

eugene02
05-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Currently am using a Lane 1 MaxXx Curve.. Can't really bite the lane well enough for the first few games.. Thinking to get another ball which can bite the lane better.. any suggestion? prefer roto,storm,brunswick more thn other brands.. hee =P Thanks alot..

billf
05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
What is your style? speed? Rev rate? Lane type and condition? Any info at all will help with a proper suggestion.

striker12
05-07-2012, 12:08 PM
yeah billf is right we need to know your info cause we could tell you a ball and it could be the wrong one for you soo as soon as you can find out what all the stuff that billf sead and post it it makes it much easyer for us too tell you a good ball to get.

got_a_300
05-07-2012, 06:26 PM
As the others have already said more information would be very helpful
but I have a question or two.

1. Have you ever had the oil baked out of the ball and if so how long ago?
2. Have you tried taking the surface down a little say with a 1000 or 500 Siaair or a Abralon Pad?
3. If the lanes are a little bit dry then have you tried adding a coat of polish to it?

That ball is designed to hook on heavy oil conditions but it can and will get saturated with
oil in the cover stock after a certain amount of time/games. Another train of thought is if
there isn't enough oil on the lanes the ball is probably going to burn up in the mid lane and
it won't have enough energy left to hook in the back ends that is why I mentioned the polish
so it can go farther down the lane and save up some energy for the back ends.

billf
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=got_a_300;4068 Another train of thought is if
there isn't enough oil on the lanes the ball is probably going to burn up in the mid lane and
it won't have enough energy left to hook in the back ends that is why I mentioned the polish
so it can go farther down the lane and save up some energy for the back ends.[/QUOTE]

My ex-brother-in-law has tried several high end balls on DRY lanes and then tells me they are no good, hit like a pillow. No matter how many times I try to explain that those balls NEED oil to hook and roll properly he just doesn't get it. After seeing how many people use balls designed for heavier oil than what they have I finally asked one guy I get along with why. He thought he was making up for his low rev rate. I talked him into a medium oil ball, went with him to get it drilled (totally different than he had before) and he was amazed that the less expensive ball actually hit harder and of course, carried better. Thank goodness because I told him if it didn't work I would pay the bill for the ball and drilling.

eugene02
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
What is your style? speed? Rev rate? Lane type and condition? Any info at all will help with a proper suggestion.

My style more of power tweener i guess... Speed is in KM since I'm in Singapore.. Only maybe 22KM.. Rev rate I'm not sure as it doesn't state >_> Lane type and condition is THS but not sure how much is the oil as the bowling center here doesn't show us.. But for the place I played which my ball could not catch well.. After roughly 5-6 games my ball starts to hook.. Sorry kinda noob here >_>

eugene02
05-08-2012, 09:42 AM
1. Have you ever had the oil baked out of the ball and if so how long ago?
2. Have you tried taking the surface down a little say with a 1000 or 500 Siaair or a Abralon Pad?
3. If the lanes are a little bit dry then have you tried adding a coat of polish to it?

1. Nope never tried it as I don't know what is it..
2. I don't know how to surface it down also.. Never been thought.. Not sure where to get the items needed also..
3. If the lane is a little bit drier, I'll throw slight more to the left as time goes..

eugene02
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
my avg in a competition is only a 140+ (1st competition)...
I do wear a Wrist guard.. but when i raise my hand, it sort of slant when i raise it up.. Not parallel to the head as what I seen in a video which shows how professional players play.. Been bowling seriously for maybe around 3-4 mths.. got my ball maybe 2 mths ago..

eugene02
05-10-2012, 05:42 AM
anyone can help out here?

billf
05-10-2012, 10:13 AM
The Brunswick Nexxus is a very good ball. Depending on how you are with speed control, rev control and different hand positions you can use it anywhre from the 3 board to hooking from the 40. Oil conditions also affect where to play as they do with any ball.

eugene02
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
The Brunswick Nexxus is a very good ball. Depending on how you are with speed control, rev control and different hand positions you can use it anywhre from the 3 board to hooking from the 40. Oil conditions also affect where to play as they do with any ball.

Actually I did consider 3 types of balls.. The Defiant, Nexxus and Vivid.