PDA

View Full Version : Bowling shoes question

MICHAEL
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I have tried, but I can't bowl worth a darn with standard bowling shoes! Its a balance thing, and here I am a guy that walked Iron some times hundreds of feet in the air on small beams ect.... How many of you don't wear bowling shoes, but DO have a DEDICATED PAIR of good non marking tennis shoes to bowl with.
I know I Love the feeling of sure footing!

billf
05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I went to Dexter SST8s with interchangeable sole and heel. Once I found the right combination it has been great.
I did make it to the 8th frame on day before realizing I didn't change my shoes :)

MICHAEL
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
that sounds interesting! What combination did you use if you don't mind me asking... I would have to have a non skid sole on left foot, so I don't know what the advantage for me would be? I am doing pretty good without the bowling shoes. Have tried them, and no luck.

billf
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
8 on sole (second to most slide) and 5 heel (middle of the pack). My slide is about 1/8" if that. I'm sure weight of the bowler plays a role and I weigh 250lbs. Yes, I ask a lot from my footwear.

MICHAEL
05-08-2012, 11:19 PM
thanks for that information, I will next chance I get check out those bowling shoes.