PDA

View Full Version : any 2 finger bowlers in here?

Etrain
05-11-2012, 01:21 AM
post here if u can! would love to see videos of releases

The Mayor
05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Not me, but I'm sure there are a few here!

billf
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
When I read the title I thought I was on the wrong website. My mind and bowling ball usually end up in the same place...THE GUTTER

americantrotter
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I bowl no thumb. Don't have any videos though, sorry.

wdc1987
08-28-2012, 02:51 AM
I bowl without using my thumb. will try and post a video next week if you are still wanting people to post. Older post is why I am wondering

americantrotter
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL I already switched to thumb in. I couldnt stay consistent and I decided not to be stubborn.

martinezsam2495
08-28-2012, 05:19 PM
I bowl with two fingers, and I do pretty well,
don't listen to most guys who go by the book, if you can break it down to a science you can hit as many strikes as they can.

billf
08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
I bowl with two fingers, and I do pretty well,
don't listen to most guys who go by the book, if you can break it down to a science you can hit as many strikes as they can.

Right, that's why there are so many no thumb bowlers finishing in the top ten on the PBA tour.

wdc1987
08-29-2012, 12:22 AM
LOL I already switched to thumb in. I couldnt stay consistent and I decided not to be stubborn.

lol ok...

americantrotter
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
I have huge love for thumb out, it just didnt end up working for me. I always hated the derision from people about it, so I wont go slamming it.

martinezsam2495
08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Right, that's why there are so many no thumb bowlers finishing in the top ten on the PBA tour.
I'm not there yet, :)
this is to prove that even if you use thumbless bowling, you can still have a smooth release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-JCqcBmCg
and Mike Miller has won PBA titles.

RoccoRock
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM

There is one, but he more known for his one infamous TV apperance. Tom Daughrety finished in the top ten in the TOC last year, and just outside of it this year, using a no thumb delivery. 14th this year, and 3rd the year he... ...well didn't have a great showing on TV. Jim Pratt also a two finger bowler finished 37th in the same event. Are they the top guys out there, obviously not, but they are no hacks either. They are both multi time regional champions as well. Not saying it's the best way to bowl, but I wouldn't dismiss someones ability just because they don't use their thumb. Even though I have gotten away from doing it myself, I am still a supporter. Two of my teammates use it.

billf
09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
So out of the 50,000+ bowlers on the tour the past 50 years you two managed to think of three. With results that staggering I don't know why everybody isn't going thumbless. It's a style. So is swinging a baseball bat with your hands reversed but there is a reason only one person has gone pro EVER batting that way. Only the top 1% of athletes go pro in their respective sport. With the odds stacked against the rest of us, why not use the proven method instead of always trying to re-invent the wheel?
The only real issue I truly have with thumbless is most of those who choose that style can't control the revs or axis rotation to score consistently well on a variety of patterns. I have the same issues with THBs. I know a stroker with one speed (slow), one rev rate (like 3 for the whole lane) and can only play one line. He acts like a king averaging 200 in our home center then can't break 150 outside of it. Of course there is always an excuse to go with it, it's never that he just sucks.

martinezsam2495
09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
So out of the 50,000+ bowlers on the tour the past 50 years you two managed to think of three. With results that staggering I don't know why everybody isn't going thumbless. It's a style. So is swinging a baseball bat with your hands reversed but there is a reason only one person has gone pro EVER batting that way. Only the top 1% of athletes go pro in their respective sport. With the odds stacked against the rest of us, why not use the proven method instead of always trying to re-invent the wheel?
The only real issue I truly have with thumbless is most of those who choose that style can't control the revs or axis rotation to score consistently well on a variety of patterns. I have the same issues with THBs. I know a stroker with one speed (slow), one rev rate (like 3 for the whole lane) and can only play one line. He acts like a king averaging 200 in our home center then can't break 150 outside of it. Of course there is always an excuse to go with it, it's never that he just sucks.

but with practice and hard work, you can make 2 fingers into a deadly weapon.
Sure we lose some accuracy, but we can return that with power and revs, I've noticed with 2 fingers, there is a bigger margin of error, I have thrown my ball out towards the gutter, and hook right back into the pocket,
I'm finally gaining some control over the Reckless.
:)

RoccoRock
09-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Yup, 3 guys, and one has never been on TV, another bowled a 100 on TV, and the one Sam brought up bowled a perfect game on TV, but now his fingers are messed up from bowling that way. Again, not saying everyone should learn it, just saying that it can be done well. It is tougher to be good at it. I thought I was going to be one of those guys who carried the flag, and fought to bring respectability to two fingers. The further I got into bowling, the more I started to realize the downfalls of two fingers. If that's how someone wants to bowl, more power to them, hope they get good at it. It's no longer for me though.

martinezsam2495
09-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Yup, 3 guys, and one has never been on TV, another bowled a 100 on TV, and the one Sam brought up bowled a perfect game on TV, but now his fingers are messed up from bowling that way. Again, not saying everyone should learn it, just saying that it can be done well. It is tougher to be good at it. I thought I was going to be one of those guys who carried the flag, and fought to bring respectability to two fingers. The further I got into bowling, the more I started to realize the downfalls of two fingers. If that's how someone wants to bowl, more power to them, hope they get good at it. It's no longer for me though.

can you show me proof, that his fingers are messed up?
I googled it, and couldn't find anything

got_a_300
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM
can you show me proof, that his fingers are messed up?
I googled it, and couldn't find anything

Yes I sure can show you the proof well not so much with his fingers as it is more
like chronic wrist problems that is associated with his thumbless delivery style.

Miller subsequently won two more titles and bowled a nationally-televised
300 game in the 1999 National Bowling Stadium Open in Reno, Nev., before
he retired, in part because of chronic wrist problems associated with his unique
delivery and in part because it was his time to retire.

“Thumbless” Mike Miller article (http://news.pba.com/post/2011/01/07/e2809cThumblesse2809d-Mike-Miller-Daughter-Adrienne-to-Make-History-in-241-Million-PBA-Tournament-of-Champions.aspx)

martinezsam2495
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
yeah I read the article, but I"m pretty sure there are other factors to put into it.
2 fingers is not entirely using only the wrist...

2fingerroller
09-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I have league night this thursday, i'll try and get a teammate to take video. Although be nice im still trying to figure out the new nexxxus.

kurowah
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Would love to see the video! I have a friend who bowls 2fingers. He just has the hardest time bowling thumb-in and 2finger style is just the most comfortable for him. Doesn't help that he is kind of stubborn. BUT I must say that he has shot the highest game out of our little group of friends!

Anyways, we promise we will be nice 2fingerroller. ;) Would love to see the new nexxxus in action also.