View Full Version : My bowling form

I suck at bowling
05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Here is a video of myself bowling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUSFkQeOLOY&feature=plcp

Any tips would be much appreciated.

striker12
05-11-2012, 01:33 PM
umm one thing i seen was when your releasing the ball your pulling your body up fast and then your arm, you should only let your arm make all of the revs on the ball cause if you keep putting up your obdy like that you could hurt your back or even your sholder.

but everything was good from the view that we had was not fully sure if you where moving left or not but it was all good just that one thing was the only thing i seen that will hurt in the long run.

I suck at bowling
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
umm one thing i seen was when your releasing the ball your pulling your body up fast and then your arm, you should only let your arm make all of the revs on the ball cause if you keep putting up your obdy like that you could hurt your back or even your sholder.

but everything was good from the view that we had was not fully sure if you where moving left or not but it was all good just that one thing was the only thing i seen that will hurt in the long run.

I have had shoulder issues in the past, but they have been under control recently.

I think I pull up with my body because I cannot create the type of power/revs with just my arm. As you can see, I'm not a very big guy. Next time I bowl I will try to put of the burden on my arm, we'll see what happens.

billf
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Wish I could see your stance and start better. Pulling up on the ball actually decreases revs and accuracy. There are many bowlers who are slight in stature (Norm Duke) who generate enough revs to compete with the large men (Wes Mallot). The difference is they all learned to generate speed through the lower body and rev in the arm but below the shoulder. You can create enough revs with the proper release and follow through and the speed through your footwork.

I suck at bowling
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Wish I could see your stance and start better. Pulling up on the ball actually decreases revs and accuracy. There are many bowlers who are slight in stature (Norm Duke) who generate enough revs to compete with the large men (Wes Mallot). The difference is they all learned to generate speed through the lower body and rev in the arm but below the shoulder. You can create enough revs with the proper release and follow through and the speed through your footwork.

I don't know if you could see in the video, but on my approach I have a sort of skip-step, will that decrease speed at all?

billf
05-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes it can. It can also affect timing. One thing I have learned is not everyone bowls the same. That include timing. Personally I feel the timing at the end is more important than the timing at the beginning. Correct timing will allow for a free arm swing thereby allowing an easier time generating speed and revs.
When you get time take another video with your whole body in it. I don't care what pins you hit or don't hit. The critique is of your form not the effectiveness of it lol

I suck at bowling
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes it can. It can also affect timing. One thing I have learned is not everyone bowls the same. That include timing. Personally I feel the timing at the end is more important than the timing at the beginning. Correct timing will allow for a free arm swing thereby allowing an easier time generating speed and revs.
When you get time take another video with your whole body in it. I don't care what pins you hit or don't hit. The critique is of your form not the effectiveness of it lol

Here is a new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJ5TzofO70