PDA

View Full Version : everyone has 1 of these on there league

Etrain
05-11-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTKiE6fYps

u know the guy that takes a year and a day to bowl... i have 1 that makes this guy look fast

billf
05-11-2012, 04:53 PM
What can they possibly be thinking about that long? Don't they know all thinking is suppose to be done BEFORE they step on the approach? We had one and he ended up on a team with me. Wasn't long before I broke him of that very awful habit.

chrono00
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
best part was all that time up there for one goofy looking approach and bad throw

americantrotter
05-14-2012, 09:06 AM
It srews up 3 lanes too. cause the people to the left and right feel like they have to wait since the slow thinker had set up on the approach first. I HATE dealing with this in league. because you want to be fair, but you also need to get on with the game. (Especially if you're just bowling for fun and paying by time)

dgz924s
05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Have one on my winter league team and he may be even slower than that guy. But it is not that he is thinking but rather trying to gain confidence as he has really low self esteem and unsure of himself. This game is very mental and anyone who lacks confidence is going to be hesitant to pull the trigger. That said, this guy wearing the golf hat must be thinking about the putt he is trying to line up.

kev3inp
05-14-2012, 10:12 AM
There's one that bowls as a sub in our league; he treats it as practice but waits for 2 lane courtesy when it's actually just one. I don't wait for him, but we're the last ones done if we bowl a team with him on it. Unfriendly asshat, too.

got_a_300
05-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Yep know the feeling guys we have one in our center that makes the guy in the
video look like he is faster than a speeding bullet our guy takes up to 1 1/2 to
2 minutes sometimes before he throws the ball. He would never make it on the
PBA tour he would always be in violation of the shot clock and would have to
forfit all of his winnings on shot clock fines.

abbynormal
05-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Yup we have a few of those. One girl take FOREVER. I know its extremely rude but sometimes I just cant stand there forever and just roll. IDK what she is thinking about so hard. She gets up there and takes five million little tiny steps left to right until she feels comfortable. SMH.

eugene02
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
i've one of these experience in the bowling alley too.. Once i timed him using my phone.. he took around 50+ sec to think and thn move..
he was on earpiece.. so maybe he has to go to beat with the music before he can make his steps? don't know why they take so long.. can't understand them as well.. wasting my time because i'm at his side.. manners to not throw when his on the approach.. but.. Fish him.. taking too long to just throw a nice ball..

abishai
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
There's a team on our league with a couple of those take forever bowlers on it. Frustrating playing against or next to them. The least they could do is strike after taking all that time...

greggas
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
they're called "human rain delays". every league i've ever bowled on has had at least one of them. :rolleyes:

Hampe
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I can't complain about people taking a long time since I'm one of the slower guys in our league (I don't take nearly as long as the guy in the video though). I only see 20% out of my right eye and have really bad depth perception, so I need a second to let my eyes adjust when I get up there.

Siddy
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Lucky we don't have anyone like that, but we do have some one or two that would walk over to your lane and sometimes a 3rd watching their ball go down the lane.

ILike2Bowl
10-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Thank god, I'm one of the slower people, but no where close to that dude.

Davec13
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't care as much about the people who take time on the approach as I do about the team of smokers. I do smoke, but I run up after my last ball grab a few puffs and come right back in. We have one team that waits for everyone to finish and they all go outside together and smoke and joke. There have been times where you wait 10-15 minutes for them to come back in and bowl the next game.

Brother_jd
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Smokers are the worst, no offense to anyone here that is one. After you are done in the tenth, go smoke your cig. That is when you have the most time. If you can't last one game without a smoke you have issues IMO.