PDA

View Full Version : Online tournament!

chrono00
05-11-2012, 08:45 PM
so I think we have enough regular posters on here to do this. everyone interested post in here, I'll give it a few days maybe a week, and when I get 8 or hopefull 16 guys depending on who's interested, we can do a random seeding.

right now i'm thinking.

3 game sets, totals count. if the two bowlers tie with 2 wins each, winner is higher total

80 or 90% of 220?
this requires some input from everyone as to what you would like to do. and some honesty when you post that you would like to compete, please give me your average too

once opponents have been assigned, we give it lets say a week for the two guys to get their 3 games in. if you want, we could count the 3 games from one of your summer leagues, or you go out and bowl 3 whenever you can (we'll take a vote) either way the condition is, it has to be 3 consecutive games. no bowling a 225, then 5 games of 120's and another 200+ and counting that one. again this requires honesty on everyone's part. we could do something like putting the games up on youtube or something?

I don't think it's a big deal if you go out yourself and bowl 3 or say you and 2 buddies go. something like that is up to you, I don't think it's a big deal if you wanted to have some fun with some friends while doing the games.

theres no real prize involved, just some fun competition and bragging rights (unless someone running the boards could maybe get us some giveaways of some sort, but that might promote a lot of dishonesty as well)

if anyone has any other input as to certain rules we should have for this just let me know and we'll go from there

JaMau24
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I think it sounds like a pretty cool idea. I just really hope someone wouldn't lie. I guess no matter what, if someone loses, the other might have their suspicions.. So I don't know if this is possible.

J Anderson
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
If you used summer league scores that were posted on line it would mean that scores would be verified. Many leagues post their standings at sites like Leaguesecretary.com.

The downside is that it would probably exclude a lot of bowlers who would be interested.

chrono00
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
If you used summer league scores that were posted on line it would mean that scores would be verified. Many leagues post their standings at sites like Leaguesecretary.com.

The downside is that it would probably exclude a lot of bowlers who would be interested.

I know not all of the leagues at our center are on the sites. one being that the secretary is like 75 and still does everything by hand.

I don't mean EVERYONE would HAVE to use any particular scores, as long as it was a 3 game set you bowled, without omitting any games inbetween because maybe you had a bad game or something.

like lets say me and you are against each other. I'm working 6 days this week, and I know I won't be able to get to the lanes for any games this week, so instead of bowing 3 games specifically for this tournament, I would just use the 3 games I bowled in my summer league this week as my 3 games.

billf
05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm interested. 80% of 220. Averaging 222 right now.

martin
05-11-2012, 11:54 PM
i'm interested.. but i usually don't videotape myself.. needs trust from everybody here.. lol..

chrono00
05-12-2012, 12:24 AM
I think MOST of the people here can be honest I would hope