PDA

View Full Version : More about eye dominance

billf
05-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I mentioned before about bowler's being eye dominant. This is am article I found by Joe Slowinski published Nov 2009

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinskinov09.pdf

Josch
05-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for posting the link. I'm right handed and left eye dominant but it doesn't seem to affect my aim. The weird part is my vision is better in my right eye than my left eye.

Etrain
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
very intresting, fortunately im correct

got_a_300
05-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Great article I am left eye dominant found that out years ago when
I couldn't hit where I was looking always missed inside my mark.
I was told how to do the test to find out which eye was my dominant
one and then I started targeting 5 boards to the right and started to
hit my mark pretty constantly.

If I want to play say 3rd arrow I will look at the 2nd arrow and if I play
say the 2nd arrow I look at the first arrow and if it is the 1st arrow I'm
playing I just look at either the 1 board or the left edge of the gutter. I
will have to try the targeting farther down the lane trick to see if it does
indeed really help out better than targeting to the right.

billf
05-16-2012, 10:40 AM
I have noticed that the further I target down the lane the less "hand" I get in the ball.
I learned to do most things in life right handed due to being blind in my left. Obviously that makes me right eye dominant. After the right eye injury I knew and the doctors confirmed that my depth perception would be different (4 eye surgeries in 14 months). When they fit me with glasses (trifocals) at the end I could see great. It wasn't until I went to play softball this year and noticed that every hit was 8-10" closer to the handle than I thought. Since applying a form of this to my bowling my scores have started to go back up to pre-injury area.

eugene02
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
i saw how wes mallot throws when his bowling.. looking straight down >_< wonder how he does that.. can't follow his steps! too dangerous.. hahahaha

billf
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
i saw how wes mallot throws when his bowling.. looking straight down >_< wonder how he does that.. can't follow his steps! too dangerous.. hahahaha

He actually looks at the dots at the foul line. I did that when i could finally see the foul line but still couldn't see the arrows. Got a ton of flare lol

eugene02
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
He actually looks at the dots at the foul line. I did that when i could finally see the foul line but still couldn't see the arrows. Got a ton of flare lol

don't really get what u mean when you could finally see the foul line, and you got a ton of flare.. sry....