PDA

View Full Version : what to look at when buying a used bowling ball ?

Mi5hka
05-14-2012, 12:38 AM
i was going to buy a used ball off ebay. the ball is drilled already and probably would have to get it re-drilled again. does getting a ball re-drilled effect its play ? does the ball start lacking anything when getting plugged and re-drilled ?

dgz924s
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Personally I would not buy off Ebay. By the time it is shipped plus the cost I can buy a ball new from bowlingball.com, drilled and shipped for free. Not to mention what condition the Ebay ball has or if it is a legit sale. Been ripped off on Ebay, never again.

Josch
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I've never bought a used ball but I got a free ball from someone in my league. It wasn't in the best condition. The onky reason I took it was because it was plastic. I wouldn't want to redrill a ball with a core. If you have to pay to have it plugged I doubt it would save you much money over a new ball.

kev3inp
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Many pro shops have used balls ready for redrilling at bargain prices. A single redrill, that is, one that's been plugged once, won't be any problem as long as the plugs aren't in your track. I've gotten some great deals, but it's luck of the draw as to what you'd find.

got_a_300
05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
A single redrill, that is, one that's been plugged once, won't be any problem as long as the plugs aren't in your track.

Just as kev3inp said a one time plug job usually doesn't hurt a ball but when you
plug it multiple times then it might just start getting a little out of balance and it
might have some flat spots in the track area also.

Mi5hka I would advise you to maybe take a look around your local pro shop and see
if they have any worth while deals on some used balls at our pro shop we usually have
some great deals on used balls and plugged balls that are for sale for a very cheap price
most of the time or as dgz924s said take a look on bowlingball.com (http://www.bowlingball.com/) and see if they have
any new balls that might interest you in the price range you are looking for.

Mi5hka
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Just as kev3inp said a one time plug job usually doesn't hurt a ball but when you
plug it multiple times then it might just start getting a little out of balance and it
might have some flat spots in the track area also.

Mi5hka I would advise you to maybe take a look around your local pro shop and see
if they have any worth while deals on some used balls at our pro shop we usually have
some great deals on used balls and plugged balls that are for sale for a very cheap price
most of the time or as dgz924s said take a look on bowlingball.com (http://www.bowlingball.com/) and see if they have
any new balls that might interest you in the price range you are looking for.

Got_a_300 hey yea i was thinking about getting a ball used but i have no problem buying it new for 119$ wanted to just ask a question and get some general knowledge !:)

got_a_300
05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
wanted to just ask a question and get some general knowledge !:)

No problem just ask away that is what this forum is all about helping each other out.