PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Ascent Pearl Review and Video!

MOTIVmags
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6G8TPH1wvA

The Ascent Pearl is one of MOTIV’s first true entry level balls, the other being the also newly released Ascent Solid. Since I tend to be speed dominant, I am typically not one that gets a lot of use from balls designed for lighter conditions. Let me say the Ascents DO NOT hit like entry level balls. Bowlers of all levels will find it beneficial to have an Ascent in their bag.

If you are looking for a ball that can get down the lane with ease on just about any pattern this is an ideal ball. To give you some comparisons the Ascent Pearl is very similar in distance compared to the Blue QZ2, but to me it had more torque and continuation when encountering friction. Compared to the Silver Recon the Pearl Ascent is not quite as long, but had much more torque. Overall, this release will allow me to play straighter more often, but at the same time creating more entry angle than some of MOTIV’s current balls designed for lighter conditions.

I would recommend either Ascent to anyone who is looking to purchase a quality ball at a VERY affordable price. You also have two choices, the Pearl Ascent (Pink/Purple) for those who aren’t looking for a lot of overall hook and the Solid Ascent (Red/Blue) for those who could use a little help getting the ball to cover more boards.

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan