PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Ascent Solid Review and Video!

MOTIVmags
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi3oMnPYfRs

The Ascent Solid is one of MOTIV’s first true entry level balls, the other being the also newly released Ascent Pearl. Since I tend to be speed dominant, I am typically not one that gets a lot of use from balls designed for lighter conditions. Let me say the Ascents DO NOT hit like entry level balls. Bowlers of all levels will find it beneficial to have an Ascent in their bag.

Depending on the surface and layout, bowlers might be able to use this one on anywhere from a heavier condition all the way to a lighter condition. There are not too many balls that can cover than many conditions, especially at an entry level price point. To give a comparison the Ascent Solid is cleaner through the front of the lane compared to the Thrash, but to me it had more torque when encountering friction. This release will be a nice transition when the Thrash is just too early, as the Ascent Solid will naturally be longer and stronger.

I would recommend either Ascent to anyone who is looking to purchase a quality ball at a VERY affordable price. You also have two choices, the Solid Ascent (Red/Blue) for those who could use a little help getting the ball to cover more boards and the Pearl Ascent (Pink/Purple) for those who aren’t looking for a lot of overall hook.

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan