PDA

View Full Version : Are there any leagues that play PLASTIC ONLY

MICHAEL
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I think I have seen it on TV, but are there any die-hard plastic leagues only!!

chrono00
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
if you could garner the interest you could probably get one going. but I doubt it. most house guys probably couldn't take the mental damage from their scores suffering when they can't use their regular balls.

a few of my friends have done it during sweeps weeks in leagues before. gotten a bunch of guys to bowl with house balls just to **** around since it doesn't really matter that week

MICHAEL
05-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I just thougt it would be fun to have a day a month where you had to use a house plastic ball! Now for big money leagues, I realize it would go over like a
plastic ball in hell. But I bowl so far on leauges, where its just for fun, and small plastic trophies!! Yes I can imagine the ego damage bowling a whole season
with plastic!!! (:/ not to mention the shrink bills!!! lol

billf
05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Plastic, I'm in. House balls, forget it. The thumbs and fingers, span and such just don't have a good match.

got_a_300
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Plastic, I'm in. House balls, forget it. The thumbs and fingers, span and such just don't have a good match.

LOL!!!! count me in also but only if I can use my Brunswick T Zone plastic ball that is,
no short span extra large thumb and finger hole house balls for me either.

MICHAEL
05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Billf,,, thats what would make it a fun! It would start out like and Easter Egg hunt, looking for a ball that some what fits, good enough to bowl 3 games! Then give it our all!!
Who knows, on any given day... something big could happen... maybe even a score over a hundred!!!! lol.... bowling should be about having FUN TOO!! Guys/Gals with huge ego's might not find it fun/interesting. But then what the Hell Raiser Revenge do they know!! (I had to work that in somehow!) lol

Davec13
05-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Not sure about a plastic only league, but on date night with some friends we hit up a bowling alley. I'm the only one who actually bowls in league so I play around as to not outdo everyone. I'll throw house balls and it's interesting to say the least. I do know that on a dry lane you can actually get a plastic ball to hook. I have also thrown left handed with my ball and managed a 148 game :D

MICHAEL
05-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Davec13, if you can bowl left handed, and you ARE right handed, Wow~~ that takes some skill!!! HOUSE ball and all!! (:)

billf
05-16-2012, 11:04 PM
This is the problem when I use house balls. I grabbed the nearest house ball to clear the dead wood. Our alley doesn't clear dead wood during open bowling and I have personally seen balls crack hitting the wood in the gutter. Watch and laugh, Lord knows I did.
http://youtu.be/qJB5VM0bj3I

eugene02
05-17-2012, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't mind playing plastic leagues... With or without house ball.. Anyone that enables me to play the spinner/helicopter style would be kinda easy to smash all the pins!

Davec13
05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Davec13, if you can bowl left handed, and you ARE right handed, Wow~~ that takes some skill!!! HOUSE ball and all!! (:)

Not sure if it's skill or just dumb luck. I do know I get more hook left handed because the ball tends to stay on the lane a lot longer as my speed drops dramatically. That has been one of my biggest problems with this entire sport, slowing my ball down. When i'm hitting the 17, 18mph area it's a good shot any faster and the ball just skids straight as an arrow any slower and it's going Brooklyn.

billf
05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Here's a practice game from last night. 38 foot fresh house shot, no warm up. Storm Ice 14 lbs

http://youtu.be/5FAwtWzoDDE

MICHAEL
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
You, honestly, make that ball look like my new Vivid!! GREAT GAME!!! Correct me if I am wrong,, but that is a entry level plastic ball right?? YOU are proof of that post I had a while back, (Is the equipment, or the MAN)!! You my friend are proof that 81 and 16/32 s of bowling is THE guy behind the ball!!!
I enjoyed watch that very much! Would you make one of your HRR???? Would like to see the path it takes into the pocket!! Plastic... what was the score
214.... geeeeeeeeeee.. I am going to watch it again.... It reminds me a quote, the great golf pro, Lee Trveno once made. He said: I can beat the average
duffer, with nothing but a string and a Coke Bottle. He use to hussle people in his early days, ((so he says)) doning just that!!! GREAT GAME! YOUR THE
MAN!!

eugene02
05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Here's a practice game from last night. 38 foot fresh house shot, no warm up. Storm Ice 14 lbs

http://youtu.be/5FAwtWzoDDE

try the spinner style! think the pins would crash like mad!

billf
05-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I had to try it yet again. This time I did warm up throwing the Misfit a few games to calculate my rev rate and speed. Michael, you think I could get ready for the plastic ball championship next year? lol

http://youtu.be/8ERSEKBLAbQ

eugene02
05-19-2012, 12:15 AM
I had to try it yet again. This time I did warm up throwing the Misfit a few games to calculate my rev rate and speed. Michael, you think I could get ready for the plastic ball championship next year? lol

http://youtu.be/8ERSEKBLAbQ

woah awesome play! even u play plastic ball is better than me playing the hook ball! your ball hooks up alot at the backend! wow.. amazed!!

eugene02
05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
what do you use to video your play? hope this coming week i can video down how i play :)

billf
05-19-2012, 12:22 AM
A high speed handy cam. It records in high definition but then I have to trim it so it won't be too long to post. My wife actually called me when I left the 4-7. I answered the phone then picked up the spare and the whole game still only took 8 minutes.

eugene02
05-19-2012, 12:23 AM
A high speed handy cam. It records in high definition but then I have to trim it so it won't be too long to post. My wife actually called me when I left the 4-7. I answered the phone then picked up the spare and the whole game still only took 8 minutes.

wow thats fast.. i was thinking to use a DLSR 60D with a tripod to tape the whole process.. hmm

jaydee
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Plastic ball league doesn't sound fun for me. I feel like I would probably mess up my mechanics trying to get more revs on the balls to make it hook. Maybe it would fun for a week or two, but after that I'd be asking myself "why did I spend all this money on reactive resin balls, just to throw this $60 plastic ball, shoot lower scores and not help my game?"

eugene02
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Plastic ball league doesn't sound fun for me. I feel like I would probably mess up my mechanics trying to get more revs on the balls to make it hook. Maybe it would fun for a week or two, but after that I'd be asking myself "why did I spend all this money on reactive resin balls, just to throw this $60 plastic ball, shoot lower scores and not help my game?"

just for fun it could be okay.. sometimes your main ball might be over-hooking and the right ball is just a lesser hook ball if you have and if not.. a plastic ball!