PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Misfit against the Defiant and Critical Theory

billf
05-16-2012, 11:54 AM
http://youtu.be/OqPl0CSufAs

Chris rolls the Defiant first then I roll DV8's ENTRY level ball, the Misfit. Derrick rolls last with the Critical Theory. Can the new upstart, DV8 compete with the giant Roto-Grip? How about with their entry level ball and the giants two best balls?

44 foot typical house shot. Each roll is the first ball of the 10th frame of the first game. Not really a fair comparison but fun all the same. DV8!!

eugene02
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
http://youtu.be/OqPl0CSufAs

Chris rolls the Defiant first then I roll DV8's ENTRY level ball, the Misfit. Derrick rolls last with the Critical Theory. Can the new upstart, DV8 compete with the giant Roto-Grip? How about with their entry level ball and the giants two best balls?

44 foot typical house shot. Each roll is the first ball of the 10th frame of the first game. Not really a fair comparison but fun all the same. DV8!!

i'm really starting to be a fan of DV8 now.. cant wait to get a DV8 ball..

The Mayor
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Nice video Bill! However, the first guy throws the ball terrible and much harder than you and the 3rd guy also has more speed and less revs than you. That doesn't take away anything from the Misfit though, a really great ball at the price point it's at!

billf
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
It was definitely a rev dominant throw for that angle. Yes the first guy does throw it terrible but he won't listen. The third guys swears up and down that he has more revs than me. We are actually pretty close but he gets no axis rotation or tilt to speak of.

J Anderson
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
To have a fair comparison you need to have the same bowler throwing all three balls.

billf
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
We don't have an interchangeable thumb in the Defiant yet so it won't fit me. In all fairness, every ball the first guy throws looks just like that. There wasn't enough oil for me to throw anything stronger without it burning out.

got_a_300
05-17-2012, 01:07 AM
The third guys swears up and down that he has more revs than me.

It is kind of hard to see in the video but it kind of looks to me that the third guy (Derrick)
has more of a forward roll on the ball instead of a lot of side turn and revs but as I said it
is kind of hard to see in the video what his ball is actually doing.

billf
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
It is kind of hard to see in the video but it kind of looks to me that the third guy (Derrick)
has more of a forward roll on the ball instead of a lot of side turn and revs but as I said it
is kind of hard to see in the video what his ball is actually doing.

Your absolutely correct, he has a ton of forward roll. Given that I'm surprised he gets that much movement out of the ball.