PDA

View Full Version : AMF Bowling 3 free Games question

MICHAEL
05-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I joined a summer league of seniors, they told us that we would get a little plastic card with a bar code on it that would allow us to bowl 3 games a day per league we are on. So if two leagues, you would get two plastic cards and could bowl 6 games free a day. They told us after the meeting that it would be 3 to 4 weeks before we get a card. ((this was over 4 weeks on last winter league, before we got to practice bowl for 2 hours on a friday between 2pm and 4pm.))

I was told it was AMF policy.... 1/3 of the summer league is almost over before you get your games! It cause quit a stir Monday at our AMF. Anyone out there have any information, or is this a policy of AMF. A long waiting period??

JaMau24
05-17-2012, 12:40 AM
I joined a summer league of seniors, they told us that we would get a little plastic card with a bar code on it that would allow us to bowl 3 games a day per league we are on. So if two leagues, you would get two plastic cards and could bowl 6 games free a day. They told us after the meeting that it would be 3 to 4 weeks before we get a card. ((this was over 4 weeks on last winter league, before we got to practice bowl for 2 hours on a friday between 2pm and 4pm.))

I was told it was AMF policy.... 1/3 of the summer league is almost over before you get your games! It cause quit a stir Monday at our AMF. Anyone out there have any information, or is this a policy of AMF. A long waiting period??

When/If I use my 3 games a day, regardless if I have a card or not, I'm just going to tell them, I'm here to bowl my 3 free games, you obviously know I'm in a league here, and you advertise that I can 3 free games a day, so turn 'em on boss!

MICHAEL
05-17-2012, 12:59 AM
I got it taken care of,,, I was elected VP of league, and I got them all togerther, told them what I was told, (that they would have to wait 3 or 4 weeks), I then came up with the idea that we should go to another amf, ( one not far away, and see if they gave the cards the day the league started), when they found out that we all aggreed to boycott their alley and move,,, it wasn't but about 15 minutes and we all got are card..... Hey,,, don't jack with a half a bubble off Union Iron Worker!! Hey Whats Right is Right!! Don't tell people that they will get something, and then hold it back for no good reason!!! Iam getting Hotter then the name of that Ball they are giving away this month!! Its the principle,,, 1/3 of the summer season would have been over before we got our pass.... ( I will not mention the name of the AMF), I don't like talking behind anyones back!!
But all is COOl now, unlike the the Red Hot Ball they are giving away this week! (:)

MICHAEL
05-17-2012, 01:02 AM
See you Friday Buddy!!! Good luck!! (:) May the best ball win... ( I am going to get the Vivid out tomorrow and try it at Vivion).... see what that puppy will do there!

JaMau24
05-17-2012, 01:10 AM
See you Friday Buddy!!! Good luck!! (:) May the best ball win... ( I am going to get the Vivid out tomorrow and try it at Vivion).... see what that puppy will do there!

Let me know how it works out. See ya Friday..

MICHAEL
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Moral of story,,,, (Don't mess with Old Grumpy Folks)!!! lol,,,(:) esp ones from Kansas City!!!

MICHAEL
05-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I went to another AMF yesterday, and to my surprise, they said the same thing! I guess it IS A AMF thing! I was told that it was put in place because bowlers MIGHT quite after getting their bowl free cards! So, they offer the card to get more summer bowlers, but don't give it to you till the summer league is 1/3 of the way over? Its the same for the winter league were they offer 2 hours of practice time a week,,, they waited almost a month and a half last year before they let us start bowling practice time! I don't get it?
personally I would bowl with or without the free stuff! And granted it nice of AMF to offer the service! Just be clear to the bowlers that it does not start when league begins!
It upset a lot of over the hill bowlers that I am the VP of!! It seems to me if a person got their card when leage begins, ((it has a bar code on it)) Why coulden't they just take them out of the computer))? Don't get me wrong,, its very nice that AMF makes this offer, and to be honest, I know of many other places I could bowl in the Kansas City area.
One of the reasons I bowl on two leagues with AMF, is the free practice games, and practice time.. ((( I usually spend more on food and drink then the bowling would have been anyway)) (:)

ursus
05-22-2012, 05:39 PM
We got ours on the second night of league.

MICHAEL
05-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I will call AMF to find out why they hold them for 3 weeks... as I said thats 1/3 of the summer league season!