PDA

View Full Version : How not to perform a 5 step approach

billf
05-17-2012, 04:13 PM
http://youtu.be/sxA6tZaAzjE

How this guy can claim to be a coach is beyond me but is hilarious to watch

billf
05-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Twice he screwed up the demonstration with 6 steps on the second demo. I understand people get confused but isn't that what re-takes are for? How can someone claim to be a "pro" and still post this? In another video he said the difference between a silver and gold certified coach was the pro bowlers are all gold. This clown wouldn't know a fact if it smacked him in the face.

JaMau24
05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
HAHAH!! Awesome find! I love how he said "First step, ball doesn't move" like 15 times, then of course, his first step the ball is moving. Then after he threw the ball, he just said "five" for the hell of it.

J Anderson
05-17-2012, 11:12 PM
My guess is that he normally uses four steps, and was way out of his comfort zone demonstrating 5 steps on camera. That said, you would think that he would have re-shot it until he got it right. Its not like you need a million dollars worth of equipment to produce two to three minutes of decent video.

billf
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I just looked and imagine that. This "pro" isn't listed as a member of the USBC coaches association and has no records for certification with the USBC.

got_a_300
05-18-2012, 01:12 AM
LOL!!!!! what a moron he can't even count his steps right bet if he was your instructor
you might be able to carry at least a whopping 80 or 90 average anywhere you bowled
at on any condition.

Wow what a joke that guy is.

chrono00
05-18-2012, 04:40 PM
HAHAH!! Awesome find! I love how he said "First step, ball doesn't move" like 15 times, then of course, his first step the ball is moving. Then after he threw the ball, he just said "five" for the hell of it.

hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. after he said it like 3 times...I knew what was gonna happen lol

MinnesotaBowler
05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
This is hilarious! I can't believe how many terrible instructional videos there are for bowling on Youtube. At the very least he could have actually taken five steps! And I agree with you guys, why wouldn't he just notice his flaws and retake the video?

striker12
05-19-2012, 10:43 PM
look at the very end when he tried it in slow motion kidna way he did 6 steps and dont lissen to this video if you are right handed and do a 5 step you start with your left foot going out first and push the ball out on your 3rd step soo your timing is all the same as a 4 step and if u push the ball out on the 2nd step of a 5 step then your off balanced cause your right leg and right hand will be going at same time.

this guy is a joke im probly more of a coach then he is and im still learning alot of stuff cause i jsut finished my 4th year of bowling lol

billf
05-19-2012, 11:04 PM
look at the very end when he tried it in slow motion kidna way he did 6 steps and dont lissen to this video if you are right handed and do a 5 step you start with your left foot going out first and push the ball out on your 3rd step soo your timing is all the same as a 4 step and if u push the ball out on the 2nd step of a 5 step then your off balanced cause your right leg and right hand will be going at same time.

this guy is a joke im probly more of a coach then he is and im still learning alot of stuff cause i jsut finished my 4th year of bowling lol

You better learn the steps per timing before posting. You're sounding as bad as the dude in the video. Your right arm should finish the pushaway the same time as your right foot for textbook timimg.

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Laughter is the worlds best medicine!!!! I thought it was hilarious!!!! made my night,,,(And I learn something too)!! I might qualify to be a bowling pro too!! lol (:)

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
maybe because he believes its RIGHT ON!!! (:)

martin
05-22-2012, 01:57 AM

err.. you're sounding as bad as him.. i use a 4 step release but i know the 5-step also.. you SHOULD push the ball out on the 2nd step of a 5 step.. check out this video by Chris Barnes.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyRbBHXQOA.. right hand right leg moves together at the same time.. main difference between 4-step and 5-step is only the 1st momentum step..

btw, what a joke that video is.. that clearly is 4 steps, and he doesn't have a deep knee bend causing him off balanced at the end (tumbling over to the side.. maybe that was the "5th" step.. lol)

TheSheibs
05-28-2012, 08:54 PM
All I can say is: WOW!!!!! Seems like everyone else has already made the comments worth saying. So again: WOW!!!

eugene02
05-28-2012, 10:25 PM
to me, this was a stupid guy that does things like crap and confuse people >_<

striker12
05-29-2012, 09:46 AM
**** guys srry i put it in wrong i went on the 2nd step i think i should of checked what i put before clicking post i should of put it right cause im also a 5 step appraoch use to do 4 step approach when i had my old style know i do a 5 step but that was my bad i put it in wrong when i was doing the steps in my mind i ended up doing a 6 step approach srry guys about that.

next time i will reread what i put and make sure it is correct

a0176691
05-30-2012, 01:53 PM
PLEASE - if you want to give tips on steps - if it is 5, 3, 7 or 1 step then you start with the same leg that finishes! That is what a student will need to know- "which leg do I start with?"

billf
05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
But all timing techniques are taught off the four step approach in which case ^^^^ doesn't apply for even step approaches.

striker12
05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
was at the bowling allie last night just chilling with some friends that where bowling i was watching cause i have to bowl tonight but there was one guy there that is a bowler he dose a 7 step approach but he approachs soo fast that he throws his arm out right before he takes his first step and his arm is in the air all the way to the foul line.

but im guessing he was throwing around 21-24mph idk i think i should of got a speed thing

Big Daddy
11-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm so confused!!

H3RBSKI
11-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Had the bad idea of watching this at 4am while lying in bed. The video made me laugh but th r comments had me in stitches. Woke my wife up crying with laughter !

CaptainXeroid
03-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Does anybody else preview a pic or video before uploading it? Maybe to make sure you don't come across as not knowing your subject? I even previewed this post and noticed a tYpo. :cool:

mc_runner
04-01-2014, 10:01 AM
The best part of this to me wasn't the miscounting steps - it was after, when he was trying to demonstrate the release without the ball, but started on the wrong foot (again). Then his whole demo was TOTALLY off... trying to show how to drop the ball when it was with his opposite leg?! I mean come on man, just correct yourself or switch your feet or something. Then to put it out online for the world to see. haha!

Enjoyed the youtube comments on that video - surprising, considering youtube comments are usually the bottom of the barrel!

SheBowls
09-26-2014, 01:17 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o251/Charonne/Smileys/ROFLMAO.gif

ralphs007
12-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Maybe he's just a really bored, bad comedian going for a cheap laugh !

jlwonderley
09-03-2015, 04:40 AM
This is the level of competence I've come to expect of any videos from expertvillage.com. I've ran across many of this man's instructional videos, and it's made abundantly clear that he is not even qualified to teach beginner bowling.

Timmyb
10-31-2015, 04:36 PM
I nearly wet myself watching this. I coached juniors for a short period many years ago, and this guy would have gotten kids hurt.

jimgilmore
04-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Maybe he is of the belief That them that can do! Them that can't teach...or coach....

santos314
08-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Oh snap....I am no pro but does this guy know he finished 3 feet before the line?!?!?

santos314
08-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Oh my goodness...his 4 step approach is just as bad! Lol