PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Solid Review and video. A lot of bang for the buck!

sportshot
05-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Ascent Solid
Reactive
1000 Wet Sand
Symmetrical Core
Layout 80x3.25x50 No Balance Hole

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 Up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
This is a great ball for the entry level reactive market. The Ascent performs much better than expected from this price point. The hook seems to fit between the Recon and Thrash.
I tested this ball on various conditions using the box surface. The ball seems to work better on medium house patterns but I was able to play a very oily modified house shot with good carry going pretty direct without much help from the lane. (the video will show this) The Ascent had a nice backend reaction and carry on any condition I tested it on. I was very surprised on the continuation it had even on the oily pattern. The option of having a dull surface ball is very important to offer to someone who wants their first reactive to have some bite. There is also a polished version for drier shots or folks who are rev dominate or just love the cool color.

Summary:
A great performance value.
Very good hit and carry.
Two great color options as well as dull and polished.
Anyone who wants a great first reactive or a fantastic value addition to their arsenal should give the Ascents a look.
If you try the Ascent you will definitely look to Motiv for your high performance needs later.

Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

www.motivbowling.com

View video at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAz7TpjxpH8&feature=youtu.be