PDA

View Full Version : Contest May 21, 2012 to May 27, 2012 - Storm Vivid

BowlingBoards.com
05-21-2012, 12:09 AM
We are giving away a Storm Vivid for a random poster from May 21, 2012 through May 27, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

martin
05-21-2012, 12:11 AM
this would be another good ball to win.. :D

billf
05-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Good luck to everyone.

Hey Michael, maybe if you win this ball then you could tell if it's the coverstock on yours causing your issues.

eugene02
05-21-2012, 01:16 AM
wow! nice ball to win as well! but hope i do win the HRR first :(

eugene02
05-21-2012, 01:17 AM
does this also mean that the winner for HRR is gonna be announced soon?

striker12
05-21-2012, 07:26 AM
i could use this ball it would come in handy and i also really want one of these
too many good things have been sead about it on this thread by someone with his hihg games i think you guys know who im talking about....

striker12
05-21-2012, 07:27 AM
also the HRR with not be announced till tomorrow cause today is a weekend cause its a long weekend soo it will be announced on tuesday

eugene02
05-21-2012, 07:50 AM
also the HRR with not be announced till tomorrow cause today is a weekend cause its a long weekend soo it will be announced on tuesday

oh... dam! because its 7.50pm Monday 21st May 2012 here already!!

ggranger97
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
this is awesome im new here but hope i win

ursus
05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Good looking and good smelling ball

eugene02
05-21-2012, 11:25 PM
never smelled one before! seen so far 2 being thrown in my bowling alley..

martin
05-22-2012, 12:12 AM
don't they have it in the proshop? it smells real good.. :D

eugene02
05-22-2012, 12:19 AM
don't they have it in the proshop? it smells real good.. :D

they do have it.. just that it isn't drilled.. so can't smell much..

martin
05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
even those that are not drilled have the smell.. like in here, i can even smell the caramel smell of the Crossroad even outside the proshop (with the door shut).. not too sure though if the Vivid has such a heavy smell.. 'coz all i can smell is the Crossroad..

eugene02
05-22-2012, 01:34 AM
even those that are not drilled have the smell.. like in here, i can even smell the caramel smell of the Crossroad even outside the proshop (with the door shut).. not too sure though if the Vivid has such a heavy smell.. 'coz all i can smell is the Crossroad..

nope.. maybe it's my nose that has the problem.. hahahah.. shall smell it soon!!

martin
05-22-2012, 02:58 AM
haha.. go smell it then.. :D

eugene02
05-22-2012, 09:22 AM
haha.. go smell it then.. :D

tried today.. it smells not really awesome to me.. just so so.. hahaha maybe my nose has some problems... =P

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Believe me billf, I like the ball,, it smells great,,, (LIKE my WIFE)! I can see it now,,,, The three of us in bed,,,, her on my right side, and the Vivid on my Left!!! What a BALL!!(:) lol...

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
We came to the conclusion that it was a odd cover stock issue! 99.9 percet of the vivids, I would imagine do not have issues at all! I know Jason makes that ball look GOOD!!

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Good luck to everyone.

Hey Michael, maybe if you win this ball then you could tell if it's the coverstock on yours causing your issues.

I would respectfully decline and give it to someone that would put it to use! I already have one, and hope to get the Vivid worked out TODAY! (:)... I have a good feeling that its just the drilling! As I have said, jason, kicks butt with that ball... (except on Friday when the chips are down for zillions of $$$)... (:)...

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
When I say Jason kicks butt with the Vivid, I mean HIS Vivid, not mine! Best he could with mine was a 171. Man can he roll his!!!! (except when it comes to , well you all know the rest of that story)! (:) old men rule!!!!

JaMau24
05-22-2012, 02:05 PM
When I say Jason kicks butt with the Vivid, I mean HIS Vivid, not mine! Best he could with mine was a 171. Man can he roll his!!!! (except when it comes to , well you all know the rest of that story)! (:) old men rule!!!!

I'll finish the story -- except when it comes to league, then he really turns it on. So if you're in a league with him, you better look out. (looking at you Mike) ;)

MICHAEL
05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Please put me in for the Vivid,,, it would be interesting to see if it was the cover stock!!!! I tried everyting,,, ! The new Storm Virtual gravity woked great tonight first game out of the box, no practice,, 235!! Had a number of 10 piner's tonight, its just a matter of adjusting, They were what looked like beautiful shoots exploding in the pocket, and after the smoke cleared, their the 10 pin was! Most of the shots I didn't get a strike on were 10 pins tonight. I did get all but two, so I am very pleased with how this ball shoots into the pocket. Again this was on Fresh oil, same as when I bowled with the Vivid, but nothing. I am sure it was a defective ball. Trent (alley pro NKC AMF), DID ONE HELL OF A JOB ON THIS Ball!!

eugene02
05-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Is it possible for people staying outside the condiments of US to win the balls from this forum?

martin
05-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Is it possible for people staying outside the condiments of US to win the balls from this forum?

maybe not? but i'm still hoping i'm wrong though..

eugene02
05-23-2012, 01:37 AM

sigh! me too hoping..

kimej961
05-23-2012, 02:16 AM
this ball looks ridculously good. i could really use it:)

MICHAEL
05-23-2012, 10:17 AM
IF I win the $1000.00 pot on my summer league, I will, ((I promise!!)) buy both of you a ball of your choice, as long as its not over $500.00 for both balls. You have my word on that!!! And with my word you can take it to the bank,,, I have a 825 credit history!!! So both of you start dreaming of what ball, I can give you, and PRAY A lot!! (for me to win this 14 week league, with lots of Top Gun bowlers) With prayer NOTHING is impossible!! I need yours!!! Send all prayers to P.O. Box, heaven (:)
The $500.00 I would spend on both your balls, would also have to include shipping! In other words, two balls, and shipping under 500.00. You two get togerther and start thinking about what combination would work for the both of you.... and wish me luck!!!!
I in no way, shape or form represent the management of this or any other bowling board, so all statements made by me are to be taken into consideration when come to a conclusion in regards to their truisms, or veracities! But in regards to said statement in effect to two free balls, you have my word! But first I have to win! Vegas has the odds at 7 to 1 that I will fail! But I like those odds~~~ Did I say there are 7 teams at this point in time, but we might have another team next week, where as odds will change!

eugene02
05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
IF I win the $1000.00 pot on my summer league, I will, ((I promise!!)) buy both of you a ball of your choice, as long as its not over $500.00 for both balls. You have my word on that!!! And with my word you can take it to the bank,,, I have a 825 credit history!!! So both of you start dreaming of what ball, I can give you, and PRAY A lot!! (for me to win this 14 week league, with lots of Top Gun bowlers) With prayer NOTHING is impossible!! I need yours!!!
The $500.00 I would spend on both your balls, would also have to include shipping! In other words, two balls, and shipping under 500.00. You two get togerther and start thinking about what combination would work for the both of you.... and wish me luck!!!!
I in no way, shape or form represent the management of this or any other bowling board, so all statements made by me are to be taken into consideration when come to a conclusion in regards to their truisms, or veracities! But in regards to said statement in effect to two free balls, you have my word! But first I have to win! Vegas has the odds at 7 to 1 that I will fail! But I like those odds~~~ Did I say there are 7 teams at this point in time, but we might have another team next week, where as odds will change!

kinda impossible for 2 balls to be around $500 USD.. for SG already $200++ SGD for a HRR + shipping

thanks anyway :)

MICHAEL
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
kinda impossible for 2 balls to be around $500 USD.. for SG already $200++ SGD for a HRR + shipping

thanks anyway :) OK,,,, here is what we have to do!! After I win the Top Gun league with my wife that bowls a 140 average, (((but is very capable of on any given night a 200 game))), secrect weapon.......(:),,,, You two will have to get togerther and guess what number between 1 and 10 I am thinking!
The one that comes the closest will be the winner!! And your right, that way it can be your dream ball, will all the bells and whistles!!! Plus free shipping!!!
(how much is shipping??) check it out for me if you would,,, because my limit is $500.00. I do want half the winning to buy my beautiful wife cool gift!!
Pray for me, both of you... and ONE OF YOU WILL GET YOUR Ball!! I guaranty it!!

eugene02
05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
OK,,,, here is what we have to do!! After I win the Top Gun league with my wife that bowls a 140 average, (((but is very capable of on any given night a 200 game))), secrect weapon.......(:),,,, You two will have to get togerther and guess what number between 1 and 10 I am thinking!
The one that comes the closest will be the winner!! And your right, that way it can be your dream ball, will all the bells and whistles!!! Plus free shipping!!!
(how much is shipping??) check it out for me if you would,,, because my limit is $500.00. I do want half the winning to buy my beautiful wife cool gift!!
Pray for me, both of you... and ONE OF YOU WILL GET YOUR Ball!! I guaranty it!!

counting for martin. if it's a HRR 15lb, it'll be USD $263.95
for me if it's a HRR 15lb, it'll be USD $233.95

oh if you add both up together it'll be $497.90

hope you win Michael! not for the balls for yourself!! :D

MICHAEL
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Well you have two chances now~~ Win here on bowlingboard. com, and If I win with my wife,,, I will keep you posted on how its going!! You have my WORD that if I win the $1000.00 I will pick one of you to get the ball of your dreams, ( as long as its all under 500.00). I might find a much better deal then the numbers you came up with, and depending on shipping I might be able to make both your dreams come to be.
Just remembe: I am in a TOP GUN league, I am a newbe!! Its a long shot, but then who knows!! I do know If I was bowling with Jason!!!! the odds then would be closer to 50/50 Get back to me on what you think shipping would cost form Kansas City Mo, to both your locations. And then, don't hold your breath!!! And pray a lot!! It will take a miracle!!!

martin
05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
IF I win the $1000.00 pot on my summer league, I will, ((I promise!!)) buy both of you a ball of your choice, as long as its not over $500.00 for both balls. You have my word on that!!! And with my word you can take it to the bank,,, I have a 825 credit history!!! So both of you start dreaming of what ball, I can give you, and PRAY A lot!! (for me to win this 14 week league, with lots of Top Gun bowlers) With prayer NOTHING is impossible!! I need yours!!! Send all prayers to P.O. Box, heaven (:)

well thanks for the goodwill.. but wouldn't that be too troublesome for you?
good luck for the league.. for you and your wife.. :) i guess if you do win and really willing to help, maybe just send the money over.. lol.. i can buy in my proshop and can save up on the shipping.. then we can be under the budget.. :D

eugene02
05-24-2012, 12:12 AM
well thanks for the goodwill.. but wouldn't that be too troublesome for you?
good luck for the league.. for you and your wife.. :) i guess if you do win and really willing to help, maybe just send the money over.. lol.. i can buy in my proshop and can save up on the shipping.. then we can be under the budget.. :D

i guess money is better because for bowling ball you won't know what pin placement and top weight their gonna give you if you order online uh?

eugene02
05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
but if Michael is willing to pay for any form i'll gladly take any form of gifts that is being given.. not everyday are people as good!

Florida Bowler
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Michael, how about a $250 gift certificate for Eugene and Martin? That way they can whatever they want. If it is more than $250, they can come up with the extra money.

That is a very generous offer. I wish you luck this season both for you and for them.

-DJ

eugene02
05-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Michael, how about a $250 gift certificate for Eugene and Martin? That way they can whatever they want. If it is more than $250, they can come up with the extra money.

That is a very generous offer. I wish you luck this season both for you and for them.

-DJ

yea.. it's a very generous offer.. didn't expect anyone online to do this for me :( so touch!!!

Lazarus33
05-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't have a Vivid, but a few of my bowling bud's do....its a freak'n great ball!!

The German Shepherd
05-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Very cool....

J.

eugene02
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't have a Vivid, but a few of my bowling bud's do....its a freak'n great ball!!

what i've heard that it dies down around 3 - 9 mths later depending on how often you bowl with the ball..

MICHAEL
05-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't mind having a 15lb er , I think I could make THIS one work!! (:) I do miss that wonderful smell!! Some times I dream of that smell, only to awake with my pillow in my mouth!! hummmm

eugene02
05-24-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't mind having a 15lb er , I think I could make THIS one work!! (:) I do miss that wonderful smell!! Some times I dream of that smell, only to awake with my pillow in my mouth!! hummmm

i wouldn't mind if i'm getting this from this forum too =P

kimej961
05-25-2012, 03:57 AM
i want this ball. Storm brand balls are very good and work very well. I still have yet to own one but some of my friends own stom equipment and they have been very successful with it:)

MICHAEL
05-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Good luck to everyone.

I agree,,, I would, (If i had the money, like to purchase one JUST TO SEE if it was indeed the ball) or something else??
I know the Nano is working great!!

martin
05-25-2012, 11:07 PM

pillow in mouth? so you dream of eating/licking the ball? lol..

billf
05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Martin, did you just say Michael was a ball licker? rotflmao

eugene02
05-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Martin, did you just say Michael was a ball licker? rotflmao

LOL! if it was use as a different meaning... errrrrr..... ahem!

martin
05-26-2012, 12:18 AM
sort of :p

kimej961
05-26-2012, 01:54 PM
this would be a great ball to own. hope i win:)

eugene02
05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
this would be a great ball to own. hope i win:)

I hope to win also.. regardless be it the vivd, nexxus, HRR whatever ball i'm happy!

BowlingBoards.com
05-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Congrats to the winner of a brand new Storm Vivid........

Etrain!!

A private message has been sent to the winner. Stay tuned for the winner of this week's giveaway!

Florida Bowler
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Congrats Etrain!

got_a_300
05-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Congrats way to go Etrain you will most defiantly love that ball

billf
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Congratulations to another deserving WINNER!

Etrain
05-28-2012, 03:59 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOO THANK YOU... thanks everyone...
looking foward to the ball

eugene02
05-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Congrats Etrain! damn.. once more failed to get a ball :(

striker12
05-28-2012, 05:01 PM
gratz man the ball is going to be going to the right perosn to put it too its best and get lots of high games.

ursus
05-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy your new ball

Etrain
06-08-2012, 06:18 PM
just got it THANKS!!