PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Ascent Pearl - Med-Dry Lane Ball with just the right amount of back-end

Mappa
05-21-2012, 03:34 PM
While the MOTIV Ascent Pearl is priced as an “entry level” performance ball, in my experience it is an essential piece for me when it comes to a broken down house shot or short sport patterns. I drilled mine with an 85* x 5” x 45* layout, which is one of my favorites. I rolled the Ascent Pearl on the 34 foot WTBA “Stockholm” pattern during a practice session. This ball was lights out about 3 or 4 games in, when I needed to open up my angles after the oil carried down a bit. (The Ascent Solid was what I used for the first 3 games). I also used the Ascent Pearl recently in a PBA Regional bowled on the Cheetah pattern. I averaged over 230 during qualifying using this ball for the last 6 games. This ball is extremely clean through the fronts with just the right amount of back end to kick that 10 out.

This ball also shines on a “second shift” house shot. Here is a video of me rolling the Ascent Pearl (and Solid) on a low volume 40 foot house shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuPXy1Z0gs

Also, this ball looks real good going down the lane. I get more comments “Hey, what are you throwing??” than any other ball I’ve thrown. And the low price, well, that’s just a bonus!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff

Etrain
05-22-2012, 05:29 AM
no thumb bowler?

eugene02
05-27-2012, 03:37 AM
no thumb bowler?

yupp the video is a no thumber..