PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Balls

eugene02
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Asked my pro shop guy today about DV8 balls.. he said that DV8 balls were just mid range balls.. true?

Florida Bowler
05-22-2012, 11:22 AM
The Misfit and the Reckless might be considered mid range balls, but the Hell Raiser and Hell Raiser Revenge would be high end from what I've heard. I think that most manufactures have entry-level, mid-range, and high end balls in their lineup.

-DJ

billf
05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Ha Ha Ha. He either can't get them cheap enough or is clueless. If they were mid-range balls then bowlingball.com wouldn't have had to increase it's perfect scale for the Hell Raiser Revenge. They are priced like mid-range balls but are not by any stretch of the imagination mid-range performance.

eugene02
05-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Ha Ha Ha. He either can't get them cheap enough or is clueless. If they were mid-range balls then bowlingball.com wouldn't have had to increase it's perfect scale for the Hell Raiser Revenge. They are priced like mid-range balls but are not by any stretch of the imagination mid-range performance.

so i suppose there are high end products in DV8 also uh? like the HRR

billf
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
The Hell Raiser and Hell Raiser Revenge are considered pro-performance. The Reckless and Too Reckless are advanced-performance. The Misfit is DV8's entry level ball but is performance rated. I can't wait for them to come out with a spare/plastic ball.

eugene02
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
The Hell Raiser and Hell Raiser Revenge are considered pro-performance. The Reckless and Too Reckless are advanced-performance. The Misfit is DV8's entry level ball but is performance rated. I can't wait for them to come out with a spare/plastic ball.

wish i had the cash to get a HRR and a misfit..

Stormed1
05-27-2012, 01:42 AM
The Hellraiser Line are asymetrical cores while the Reckless and Misfits are symetrical, The Hellraisers match up against the Nano's,Vivid,Pursuits,Taboo's, 9 series Tracks,Raptors,Train,Bankroll,Defiant,Nexxus. The Reckless/Too Reckless match up against Victory Roads,Outlaw/Bandit Elevate/Inovate 7 and 8 series Track Primal. And the Misfits are against Frantic,Manic,Fringe,Arson,Qz2 Bacdraft etc

eugene02
05-27-2012, 02:19 AM
The Hellraiser Line are asymetrical cores while the Reckless and Misfits are symetrical, The Hellraisers match up against the Nano's,Vivid,Pursuits,Taboo's, 9 series Tracks,Raptors,Train,Bankroll,Defiant,Nexxus. The Reckless/Too Reckless match up against Victory Roads,Outlaw/Bandit Elevate/Inovate 7 and 8 series Track Primal. And the Misfits are against Frantic,Manic,Fringe,Arson,Qz2 Bacdraft etc

woo.. precise comparison.. like to see things like that! easier to learn more! thanks!

GeorgiaStroker
05-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Somebody needs to tell Mike Machuga and Ronnie Russell that they are throwing mid-range balls.:rolleyes:

billf
05-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Somebody needs to tell Mike Machuga and Ronnie Russell that they are throwing mid-range balls.:rolleyes:

How good are DV8 balls? Good enough that Ronnie Russell made as many TV appearances this past season as he has in his career and that's using the Too Reckless. But given that I watched Wes Mallot do a show with a Frantic and others with mid-performance balls I conclude it shows how good the pros are compared to the rest of us:o

MICHAEL
05-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Bill in your opinion, what makes a Pro, like Norm Duke, Ronnie Russell, Wes Mallot the best! Is bowling like many other sports, you either have IT, Or you don't? And If it is a Gift,,, what is it in your opinion as a coach that seperates them from the rest!

billf
05-28-2012, 12:47 AM
In all sports I believe what separates the best from the rest in having the God given talent AND working hard to hone that talent. Those who have one or the other comprise the "rest". Hard work can make up for natural ability but it's not too often that natural ability can over come lack of work ethic. In general I would guess that it comes to 40% ability, 40% work and 20% mental toughness in a perfect world. I use Sean Rash as an example a lot. It's not that I don't like or respect his ability but rather because I see an athlete that SHOULD be dominating his era with his ability and work ethic yet lacks the metal toughness to do so. If ever a bowler needed a sports psychologist, it Rash.
Part of my ability percentage is brain power. That's knowing your own capabilities, staying in your area of expertise (Duke doesn't crank when he doesn't need to) and being smart enough to identify and work on weaknesses.
Some of us, the general public, may work hard enough yet not have enough ability to ever reach elite status. That's where 80% work can not make up for 5% ability. However, I do believe that 50% work can make up for 30% ability but not much more than that.
Did I answer the question or just ramble too much?

Timmytomma
05-28-2012, 09:57 AM
That was a great answer