PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Giveaway

Lazarus33
05-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Does anyone own a Vivid now that's in the contest? And how's it working for you? I had a decision to make between a new Nexus f(P+F) and the Vivid. I chose the Nexus. It's been a good ball for me, but on really heavy oil, I'm not getting the break down the lane I had expected from it. I know very little about RG and Diff RG and all that. Could that be the problem or my ball speed? (15mph with a 15lb ball, guess I'd be considered a Tweener) Thanks for any help!!

kimej961
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I feel like his ball should work on heavy oil

JaMau24
05-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Does anyone own a Vivid now that's in the contest? And how's it working for you? I had a decision to make between a new Nexus f(P+F) and the Vivid. I chose the Nexus. It's been a good ball for me, but on really heavy oil, I'm not getting the break down the lane I had expected from it. I know very little about RG and Diff RG and all that. Could that be the problem or my ball speed? (15mph with a 15lb ball, guess I'd be considered a Tweener) Thanks for any help!!

Yes, I own a Vivid (I even won it on this site), and I love it. It has sharp, strong hook. I also own a Nexxus f(P+R), and love that ball too. I can tell you that the Vivid has more hook than the Nexxus. It should be noted that the Vivid is drilled more aggressive than the Nexxus, so that could be one reason it has more hook. I still think it would have more hook regardless though. I usually start with my Vivid, than after the 2nd game, I switch to the Nexxus, just so I can play the same line I started with when I first started with the Vivid the first game.

Anyway, hope I gave you some info, if you have any questions, ask away.

Etrain
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM
i hear great things about vivid

martin
05-23-2012, 11:22 PM
both are good balls..

eugene02
05-24-2012, 12:10 AM
both balls are for heavy oil.. they should do the job on heavy on... a tweener does not rev the ball alot i guess.. just maybe a slight little to get it in the pocket like how curlie did...

MICHAEL
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
You know on Fridays I let you throw my balls,, mainly the undefeated, but any of mine, What do you have to offer me??? Your Vivid I can't the end of my pinky in!! Drill em out Jason!!! Let the old man throw your balls, the Vivid, and Nexxus!! Jason its not fair!!!

MICHAEL
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I feel like his ball should work on heavy oil

Jason has NO PROBLEM getting his vivid to hook, big time!! On fresh oil at two different alleys... Same with his Nexxus... Big HOOKing! Jason is, what I would call a cranker,,, lots of rev's!!! If the ball is drilled correctly for your style of bowling it should hood big into the pocket, Vivid/Nexxus. IMHO!

krullstars21
05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
my brother in law has a nexxus and both of us have no promblems on heavy oil but i would like to test this vivid out too before getting the nexxus

eugene02
05-24-2012, 09:59 PM
my brother in law has a nexxus and both of us have no promblems on heavy oil but i would like to test this vivid out too before getting the nexxus

experience both first to see which gives u a better feel and how you like the ball to go..

billf
05-25-2012, 01:52 AM

You haven't thrown my Nexxus in heavy oil yet. Big, huge, monumental difference between "fresh" oil and heavy oil. Bel-Mar is medium at it's heaviest, way too dry a shot.

eugene02
05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
You haven't thrown my Nexxus in heavy oil yet. Big, huge, monumental difference between "fresh" oil and heavy oil. Bel-Mar is medium at it's heaviest, way too dry a shot.

what is the bel-mar ??

bowl1820
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
what is the bel-mar ??

Just a guess I believe hes referring to the conditions at Bel mar lanes in Ohio.

eugene02
05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Just a guess I believe hes referring to the conditions at Bel mar lanes in Ohio.

oh! i see... thanks anyway.. don't know where's that too.. haha.. but for sure in the US..

billf
05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
oh! i see... thanks anyway.. don't know where's that too.. haha.. but for sure in the US..

In Ohio halfway between Dayton and Lima. I know, you don't know where those are either. Well, if you ever get a chance to come visit you can stay with my family and I and then I will show you.

Bel-Mar Lanes Sidney, Ohio home of the driest lanes in the midwest.

eugene02
05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
In Ohio halfway between Dayton and Lima. I know, you don't know where those are either. Well, if you ever get a chance to come visit you can stay with my family and I and then I will show you.

Bel-Mar Lanes Sidney, Ohio home of the driest lanes in the midwest.

heh! sure if i ever go i'll contact you!! :))

MICHAEL
05-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I only know that Jason can make that vivid he won WORK!! ESP, on fresh oil! When we bowl he can use the nexxus or Vivid at any point of our 10 to 12 game practice section. They can be remarkable balls, when drilled correctly to your style of bowling! Jason is a cranker, lots of revs, and the ball comes back
big into the pocket for him! He scores BIG on any given day with either the Nexxus or the Vivid... Damn does that Vivid smell REAL GOOD!!