PDA

View Full Version : Hell Raiser Revenge versus the Nexxus

billf
05-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Fresh Scorpion oil pattern; 41' and fairly flat. I even showed when I miss and the spares I used the strike balls for to show angle for those who play outside. I admit, my speed, revs and rotation were off a little last night. Sorry it's so short, I got called away. Wife was having problems with the grandkids behaving.
As everyone can see, the Nexxus works better starting 3-5 boards right of the Hell Raiser Revenge. Both balls are pin up. the Nexxus is oob finish while the HRR was sanded with 4000 grit abralon and 7 coats of polish.

http://youtu.be/ThlGienuSpQ

billf
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
My balance arm and I are going to have a talk. Not sure why it's still being so darn lazy. The lack of using it correctly is really starting to get on my nerves. The worst part is, I thought I was using it during these shots...wow

JaMau24
05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
You know what I like the most about your videos, Billf? The fact that you don't edit out your bad shots. Kudos to you.

You'll watch some of these other guys show their ball reaction and they just show strike after strike. I guess they really want you to believe if you buy that ball you'll get 36 strikes in a row every night.

eugene02
05-25-2012, 10:39 PM
dam! how i wish i have 2 of that balls! seems really good balls to me :)

billf
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
You know what I like the most about your videos, Billf? The fact that you don't edit out your bad shots. Kudos to you.

You'll watch some of these other guys show their ball reaction and they just show strike after strike. I guess they really want you to believe if you buy that ball you'll get 36 strikes in a row every night.

Thank you. The way I see it we all yank one on occasion or miss our mark and that is part of the reaction I'm interested in. I watch the ones from bowlingball.com and I do enjoy them. However, I have noticed that the same person throws every ball from the same mark with the same apparent reaction then remark about what a wonderful ball it is. Just once I would like to see them say a ball is a dud.

I've often wondered how many frames some of the reaction videos took to show twelve strikes.

eugene02
05-25-2012, 11:37 PM
why no sound anyway? love to hear the sound of pins going down while watching video :(

JaMau24
05-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Thank you. The way I see it we all yank one on occasion or miss our mark and that is part of the reaction I'm interested in. I watch the ones from bowlingball.com and I do enjoy them. However, I have noticed that the same person throws every ball from the same mark with the same apparent reaction then remark about what a wonderful ball it is. Just once I would like to see them say a ball is a dud.

I've often wondered how many frames some of the reaction videos took to show twelve strikes.

Exactly. It's good to see how it will react when you do throw a bad shot, or miss your mark.

billf
05-26-2012, 10:45 AM
why no sound anyway? love to hear the sound of pins going down while watching video :(

Because usually I'm talking to somebody the whole time so all you would hear is the lousy alley music in the background and my half of a conversation with an employee. The conversation this night was about how the board of education is looking for a new high school bowling coach and the employees (former team members) wanting me to do it. Not exactly the kind of conversation everyone needs to hear.

hondo
05-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the complete video, good and back shots, nice to see the roll. Great shot at :53, executed very well.

striker12
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
really good video i will try to get a video up of me throwing my HHr vs my 900 global the nuts but first need to get a new camera witch costs abit of money here soo it will take some time to get my last one broke i acadently threw the ball backwards at the camera when i was trying to record and it was on the first throw too.

i did not have a good grip on it but your on shot where u left up the 3,6,7 you should of threw your HHR at it and tryed to spared it and show how good the HHR can go down the right side of the lane, i throew my HHR at all 6 pins i leave up but i change to a different style where i get alittle hook but its decent if the oil burns up alot.

75lockwood
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
After watching Video's of both, i would say terror looks like the nicer ball :P

billf
09-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I can't play as deep on that pattern with the Terror. I still love my Terror though.

martinezsam2495
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Wow, Bill we have a similar approach in my opinion.
Nice throws Bill, I'm planning on making a video soon,

eugene02
09-18-2012, 01:31 AM
i'm standing further right as i throw my ball.. OOB surface with the HRR

floridanative772
09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Nice video Bill, like seeing more than the strikes too.

billf
09-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Been a long time since I made one. Maybe a Terror video this weekend. I will be at the alley ALL day Saturday so I should have time. 8-12 youth leagues, various coaching sessions 12-5 and league at 6. 13 hours at the bowling alley and I love it!

75lockwood
09-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Lol nice, i wish i could be at the ally that long, but my ride is very inpatient :( Can't wait to see more of that terror.