PDA

View Full Version : Where to learn bowling?

bbqueen
05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi! I have started playing bowling for 3 months. I would like to improve my game as soon as possible ;) Is there any bowling academy/school in Europe? Or maybe a summer camp? Thanks for advise ;)

GeorgiaStroker
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm certainly no expert about bowling in Europe but I would imagine the owner of your local bowling center and or the Pro shop manager could steer you in the right direction. They usually know all the local coaches and would probably know of any camps or schools in your area. Welcome to the sport. I'm sure you will find it an enjoyable game you can play for a lifetime.

kev3inp
05-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm certain there must be; you need to check with your local bowling association. I'm sure they can direct you to coaches and seminars in your area. There are many great bowlers in Europe, you could even try contacting them. Also keep your eyes open for ball company seminars that take place from time to time.

peterfa
05-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Now, that's sound advice from both GeorgiaStroker and Kev3inp.

bbqueen
05-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for your answers. Unfortunatley I live in small town in Poland. We have a nice and modern bowling center, but no coaches here.

kev3inp
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
See if you can take a trip to Chicago, there's a huge Polish community there. :) Look for WTBA tournaments in cities in Europe. A trip to one could pay off in instruction. There are on-line lessons available here in the states, someone must be doing it in Poland. Shall I try out my limited Polish on you? The spelling is probably very wrong, but, "Zhin dobre." and "Niema Schlitza, niema piwa." ;)

billf
05-28-2012, 03:41 PM
www.mybowlingcoach.com has very good instructional video lessons. One of their coaches is Ron Hatfield who happens to be a European team coach. I don't remember which country right now, sorry.

skycomag
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi! I have started playing bowling for 3 months. I would like to improve my game as soon as possible ;) Is there any bowling academy/school in Europe? Or maybe a summer camp? Thanks for advise ;)

since you sdidn't say which country your from, so here is a list for EUROPE:http://www.bowlingzone.com/Bowling_Centers_Outside_USA/Europe/index.html

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU

GeorgiaStroker
05-29-2012, 01:06 AM
At the very least look for the best bowlers in your area and ask them for some help. Most bowlers are happy to help out especially if you start out with " you're such a great bowler, could you give me some pointers"? Of course you want to pick out a bowler who has a similar style to you or a style you want to emulate.

bbqueen
05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Thank you all for your answers! I will try to find someone. Looking forward to my first 300 :D

TheSheibs
05-29-2012, 10:02 AM
If you cant locate a coach or pro near by, you could always check out the league players at your local center and talk to those bowlers to see if any would be able to help. They would know who they would go to if they were having problems. Also ask around the center to see if they know anyone there who could help you out by watching you bowl and being able to pick up on what your doing. The videos online are great but they can't give you the feedback that you need.