PDA

View Full Version : DRY house shots ughhhh....

Etrain
05-28-2012, 04:46 PM
funny story yesterday, i went to the local alley mid day Empty and wanted to practice my shot. The lane were so dry i was using my plastic spare ball and was leaning against the ball return and i couldnt hit the pocket once! It was actually funny i think my final score was a 97 just kept going jersey everytime lol, i was gonna call it quits. The manager saw me and knew i was struggling (he seen me bowl before) so after 2 horrible games he put me on another lane that was fairly fresh, well after 2 games i bowled my game hi 244. Funny how lane conditions play a big role. The manager said the lane hasnt been oiled in more then a day

billf
05-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I walked in one night recently about an hour before my league was to begin. Normally they don't oil daily during the summer. I asked when the last time was. The owner said he didn't want me lofting too far so he oiled. It's not that he minds me lofting the gutter caps but is afraid that if the wrong kid sees me that they will try it and break the equipment. Plus there is usually one lane oiled for the employees. I'm there so much that I'm also allowed to use it.

striker12
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
i ahd the same problem last wed on my summer league i was on lanes 19-20 and lane 19 was great i was hitting the pocket with my HHR and lane 20 was like oiled 15 feet too short, cause my HHR was hitting brocklin soo then i changed balls there going to my 900 global the nuts and still went brocklin but i wished that night i had my DV8 too reckless but i forgot it at home in my other bowling ball and i wshed i had it. my games that day where bad.

179 avg games 173-140-109 every game had to move left alot but i was also bowling with people that threw the ball half way down the lane soo when that ball hits the lane it clears the oil in that arewa and they had to accuracy, but im maby planning on getting the storm frantic maby soo i cna get it to go down the lane pritty good and have a nice move on the backend but i wish to had the nexxus it would would of done good.

MICHAEL
05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Same here!!!! Went today, alley mgr said it had not been oiled since Saturday morning.... My wife and me got there around 6pm Sunday. I don't even want to talk about my scores. BUT MY WIFE, who has a 140 average, had the best scores of her life!! Warm up game of 146, (then 222, 185, and 176!! If you add the last 3, she had 583 series. 194 average!!!!!!!! Wow she kicked my butt!!! My balls were as yours hooking way to early and WAY TOO MUCH! I tried many different angles but it was not a good night for me!
But geeeeeee, My wife was soooooo excited. 140 average,,,,, to a 194!!! or if you add the warm up game, we bowled 4 games. she still had a great series and average:
738, and average 184 (:) I picked a good one!!! Hope she does as well Tuesday night with oil. she has a finger tip, cyclone ball! It was VERY hard talking her into a finger tip, but now she would not touch a conventional grip!!! (:) Father knows best!!!!

striker12
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
yeah micheal i was having the bigger problem i was throwing the ball over the left gutter and it was not even making it to the other side it just wanted to start hooking and it even did that with my entry lvl ball the c300 freeze.

but thing with my bowling balls only the 900 global is pin up the HHR and c300 freeze are both pin down soo they have a early roll im not that good with pin up cause the ball sometimes skids down to far and sometimes to short befor the hook

eugene02
05-29-2012, 11:40 AM
never tried a really dry lane because most of the time when i go, the oil would be medium - heavy still.. heard from my pro shop guy that the lanes are oiled pretty thick.. but short..

MICHAEL
05-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Yep... I know where your coming from striker12~~ ((((don't tell anyone, promise!!!)))) my wife beat me~~~ she had a better 3, and 4 game series!!! She has it posted on the Ice Box,,, I mean refrigerator!! ( tells my age)! I woke up around 7am went in for my cup of coffee, and there it was!! And under it she wrote this message: Who's the Top Gun Now!!! geeeeeeeee!!!!!

eugene02
05-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Yep... I know where your coming from striker12~~ ((((don't tell anyone, promise!!!)))) my wife beat me~~~ she had a better 3, and 4 game series!!! She has it posted on the Ice Box,,, I mean refrigerator!! ( tells my age)! I woke up around 7am went in for my cup of coffee, and there it was!! And under it she wrote this message: Who's the Top Gun Now!!! geeeeeeeee!!!!!

that's BAD!!! totally BAD!! hahahaha

Florida Bowler
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I had issues with a dry lane last week. First time I've been bowling in a few years, so I was just trying to get my form back. There was no oil track on my ball. I ended up using my plastic spare ball, and it was hooking off the lane. My first game was a 60 (I didn't put the Tiger away until around the 7th frame), and the second game was a 104. I'm going again tomorrow and I hope there is at least a little oil.

-DJ

striker12
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM

yeah ik what u mean my ex did that too me before and he has never bowled befor but i sead it was beginners luck this was her first time ever bowling in like 8 years and i threw a 212-242-202 and she beat me all 3 games her games where 221-280(lucky)-203.

almsot had her in the last game but when he was gettign strike after strike and get the 280 i was about too quite her first time and she throws a 704 series (yo8u got to be kidden me) lol i have not even got the 700 series yet

swingset
05-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Dry lanes are just another challenge - you should have something in your bag, and something in your game for rolling on them. If you haven't learned to tame your hook at will, you should or your game has a big fat hole in it.

I never bowl for practice and mind the conditions...it's all good for my game in the long run.

MICHAEL
05-30-2012, 11:24 PM
my wife did do well,,182 average~ high score 222, 19, strikes, and 11 spares (4 splits)... Two days in a role!!!!

eugene02
05-30-2012, 11:42 PM
i tried using my Columbia 300 WD to react but it just goes down the lane.. so.. well... lanes wasn't totally dry enough for it to have a biting point..

MICHAEL
05-31-2012, 12:45 AM
i tried using my Columbia 300 WD to react but it just goes down the lane.. so.. well... lanes wasn't totally dry enough for it to have a biting point..

Why would you want to win a ball,,,, when it sounds like your have bags full of bowling balls!!! I on the other hand only have 3 and 1/2!!

eugene02
05-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Why would you want to win a ball,,,, when it sounds like your have bags full of bowling balls!!! I on the other hand only have 3 and 1/2!!

only 2 balls ATM Mike!! Main Ball lane 1 maxxx curve. Polyester Ball Columbia 300 WD! where got many!!!

billf
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Dry lanes are just another challenge - you should have something in your bag, and something in your game for rolling on them. If you haven't learned to tame your hook at will, you should or your game has a big fat hole in it.

I never bowl for practice and mind the conditions...it's all good for my game in the long run.

Are you saying I shouldn't hook my plastic then?
Most bowlers would be better of if when they practiced the score was turned off and or the pins didn't get set. I wish I had the capability to punch in certain spare shots or even a random spare combination button.

MICHAEL
06-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Most bowlers would be better of if when they practiced the score was turned off and or the pins didn't get set. I wish I had the capability to punch in certain spare shots or even a random spare combination button.

Bill do they have machines that can punch in as you put it, specific spare set ups??? If not I wonder why somone has not come up with one! We can put a man on the moon, we should be able to make a spare on demand machine!! lol

billf
06-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure Mike but I'm sure if the do the ITRC has one. If I win the lottery so I can open my own center I will have at least two. One for the pro shop/coaching lanes and one where the high school team would have their practices.

J Anderson
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Back in the late seventies I bowled for about half a season with a math teacher who's parents ran a bowling alley. His parents would let him practice what he called " shadow bowling", only the lights and ball return were on, no pins were set.

got_a_300
06-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Back in the late seventies I bowled for about half a season with a math teacher who's parents ran a bowling alley. His parents would let him practice what he called " shadow bowling", only the lights and ball return were on, no pins were set.

There is a AMF center about 40 miles from where I live that we used to go bowl some tournaments at that
after the first frame the pins disappeared all you got was shadow bowling for the rest of the practice session
until the game started for scoring. I believe some of the bowlers that come up here to bowl in league said it
was still like that in practice there before the league scoring started.