PDA

View Full Version : CG on radical balls

GeorgiaStroker
05-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Anybody familiar with how radical marks the centerof gravity on their balls?

bowl1820
05-28-2012, 06:49 PM
look at where they have the name Radical on the ball. Theres a pin prick mark, a little circle with a dot in it.

Draw line from the pin to the Mb and look around near where it pass's through the Radical name shoud be near there.

You can see one here. Its between the D I
http://bowlersedge.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Radical-Slant-Hybrid-Layout.jpg

GeorgiaStroker
05-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I thought that was it but wasn't real sure. Thanks

GeorgiaStroker
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
What really threw me off was that this is a Radical Time's up which is a symmetrical core ball. I assume that means there is no mass bias mark. On the picture you posted the small R near the bottom is the mass bias whereas my ball has a large R on the opposite side of the pin from the CG.

bowl1820
05-28-2012, 08:14 PM
The Times up is a symmetrical core and checking some pics of it. It doesnt have the mb mark just the pin, radical name, cg mark and ball name. I cant find any with a large R on it. Can you post a picture? I cant think of what it could be, unless its just a R logo.

eugene02
05-28-2012, 10:37 PM
look at where they have the name Radical on the ball. Theres a pin prick mark, a little circle with a dot in it.

Draw line from the pin to the Mb and look around near where it pass's through the Radical name shoud be near there.

You can see one here. Its between the D I
http://bowlersedge.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Radical-Slant-Hybrid-Layout.jpg

pretty obvious CG there.. easily spotted..

GeorgiaStroker
05-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Here you go. Sorry about not posting a larger pic. I am tech clueless.
http://www.bowlingboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=487&d=1338261051

bowl1820
05-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Here you go. Sorry about not posting a larger pic. I am tech clueless.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=487&d=1338261051

Okay that "R" is just a company logo, it's not marking anything.

TheSheibs
05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I have never thought about CG before. I found it interesting that they out the name "radical" in such a way to mark this on a ball. Do any other balls have CG or anything else marked in this way?

billf
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm sure there are balls that the CG isn't marked but I haven't seen a reactive ball yet that wasn't.

eugene02
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I have never thought about CG before. I found it interesting that they out the name "radical" in such a way to mark this on a ball. Do any other balls have CG or anything else marked in this way?

the lane 1 ball of mine the Maxxx curve is also like that.. in the middle of the N there's a dot which is the CG

bowl1820
05-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Virtually all balls have the cg marked, the symbol or mark might be different depending on company.

Older balls and most plastic balls don't use a special symbol to mark cg. They just put the label on top of where the cg is. Thats where terms like "label drill" came from.

Balls also have a Pin and if it has a mass bias, there will be a mark for that. The Radical has a small R marking it, other companies use a different mark.

TheSheibs
05-29-2012, 07:01 PM
So reading this got me curious about my Colombia 300 Freeze Hybrid. I see the pin, kind of hard to miss a bright orange dot. But I am wondering about the CG. There is one mark on the ball that seems a little out of place. It can be described as a circle with some weird design in it. Part of the circle is not complete and that is where it goes into the design in the center of the circle. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is the mark for CG??? I really have no reason of needing to know these other than pure curiousity.

bowl1820
05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
So reading this got me curious about my Colombia 300 Freeze Hybrid. I see the pin, kind of hard to miss a bright orange dot. But I am wondering about the CG. There is one mark on the ball that seems a little out of place. It can be described as a circle with some weird design in it. Part of the circle is not complete and that is where it goes into the design in the center of the circle. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is the mark for CG??? I really have no reason of needing to know these other than pure curiousity.

Thats the CG, its a circle with the outline of a hand (its how your hand looks holding a bowling ball) in that mark theres a small dot thats the actual cg point.

TheSheibs
05-29-2012, 07:44 PM
I knew that had to be there for a reason. I thought it was a cool symbol and that there has to be a reason for it. Thanks for satisifying this cats curiousity.