PDA

View Full Version : Summer League: 3 free Games per Day...Does it work at any AMF Center?

crazybowler
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Hello guys. New here. I have a question. I am bowling in the summer league in Fresno. Got my league award card and used it once so far in Fresno. It works however over the weekend, I was visiting family and wanted to go bowling. Went to the nearest AMF center (Petamula, CA) and presented my card and was told that they never heard of such thing. They mention that the card is good for 2.09 per game. I told them that it states 3 free game on the card. They didn't bother scanning it in and kept telling me that they never heard of it before.

I ask for the general manager but he wasn't there, I asked for an assist mgr and he told me he hasn't heard of it before either. I doubt he was an assist mgr as he looked like he works in the back.

Anyways, my question is, shouldn't the award card work at any AMF center seeing that its a franchise/corporation? and all rules and award should be standard?

I ask the GM and asst mgr at the bowling center I bowl at and they confirm that it should work.

Can someone provide some insight in this so next time I go to that place. Thank you

MICHAEL
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
yes any AMF!

crazybowler
05-29-2012, 05:51 PM
thanks for the response Michael. What should I do next time if they don't take it? i have contacted AMF directly and am awaiting for a response from them.

ursus
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
They told me it was good at any AMF. It may be that it just uses AMF equipment but isn't an actual AMF managed franchise. Either way I would still probably print off the page on their website that mentions the 3 free games to show them.

billf
05-29-2012, 11:15 PM
thanks for the response Michael. What should I do next time if they don't take it? i have contacted AMF directly and am awaiting for a response from them.

You did what you should have. Obviously printing anything out wouldn't have done you any good at the visiting center. If you don't get a fair or quick response then contact them again stating how unhappy you are with their company and wasted your time and money with a company that can't seem to get it's policies down to the franchisees. Given your dissatisfaction you likely will not return to an AMF franchise in the future.

Please let us know how it works out and good luck.

crazybowler
05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Hello. I got a response from someone at AMF. I contacted them through their website. Here is the response:

"Hi, thanks for alerting me to this issue. I am pretty sure it must be something Sierra Lanes does on its own as it is not a company program I have ever heard of. AMF league bowlers get a rewards card that gives them a discount on practice games, plus 2 free games each week through email. I apologize, however the center employees would not have recognized this card and I am sure it is only good at Sierra Lanes. I will check with the District Manager of that center and let you know for sure. (The amf league reward card and the two free game coupon through the email can be used at any amf center)

Thanks for bowling with us.

Stephen Borasi
District Manager: SF Bay, Sacramento, Reno
AMF Bowling Centers
831 247 9717"

The followup email stated that its only can be used at 3 of our local amf center. I guess not all AMF has this program.

crazybowler
06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
another question to ask. I went to another amf center in Fresno...its actually clovis. Well I got my 3 free games however wanted to bowl extra, he mention that it was full bowling price of 5 bucks. Do we not get discount after bowling the 3 free games?

MICHAEL
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow.... Here in the heart land Kansas City Mo. I have not had a problem at all using my summer bowl 3 free games each day all summer long! And if your on two leagues, you get another card, for 3 more free games. I have not had any problems here getting the free games.... I was told by mgr, that if I bowled on 3 leagues this summer I would be given 3 cards for a total of 9 free games every day, all summer long! If its a AMF alley... you should not have a problem! I know we don't here~~~ mike