PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to you?

ursus
05-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a short slide, however, about 1 out of every 15 to 20 shots it seems like my foot almost slides out from under me it is so slick. It is not that I went out of the bowling area and got it wet or it picked up some debris, it just happens at a random time. Anyone else have that happen? Do you know what may be causing that?

TheSheibs
05-29-2012, 08:43 PM
i have had that happen when i move to pick up a spare. usualy is a spot that didnt get wiped after oiling the lanes. i have a towl that has a rough area that i use to wipe the slide patch with. once i wipe it, i dont have that problem. So to correct it you can either wipe your shoe or wipe the area on the approach side of the foul line. both should help with that problem.

striker12
05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
i have had that before not sure what it was from but then i was also had my slid stick on me a ew times in a row where i had to put some slipping stuff not sure of the name but my pro shop guy let me use one but it was not cause of my heal making me stop i was not even on it and i was starting to stick my pro shop guy could see that when he looked at my shoe there was nothing wrong.

my guess is i was eather going up too fast for the slip and too slow for the stick from normal

bowl1820
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I have a short slide, however, about 1 out of every 15 to 20 shots it seems like my foot almost slides out from under me it is so slick. It is not that I went out of the bowling area and got it wet or it picked up some debris, it just happens at a random time. Anyone else have that happen? Do you know what may be causing that?

Usually a wet slide sole (water or lane oil) will make you stick not slide.

Since it happens at random times, it could be anything. You might have stepped on some easy slide or talc on the floor or approach. Just brush the sole with your wire brush a little should fix it right up.

There is also a possibility its do to a weight shift on yourslide foot. If your weight is shifted forward onto the ball of your foot (the slide sole, like by leaning forward too much) and off the heel you could slide too much.

The heel acts as a brake, might check the heel also if it gets a little too shiny it might cause you to slide more also.