PDA

View Full Version : Sigma Hybrid

Npahr
05-30-2012, 11:24 AM
The first ball out of my bag on nearly every pattern I bowl on these days. This ball is an incredible compliment to the Sigma Tour and I am thoroughly impressed with how even this ball is on the lane with such a strong core and new cover. The 1000 grit Atomix Hybrid cover is incredibly strong in the mid lane and joined with the low rg sigma core (2.47), this ball can handle some oil without any problem. For me personally, I always look to see what the ball does in the mid lane and if it still stores enough energy to make a considerable move down lane to get through the pins the right way. The Sigma Hybrid does exactly that! It reads the mid lane very strongly and does not go through the friction when you throw it into it, but merely reads it and begins to roll until the back end of the pattern where it still flips and goes through the pins like any other strong hybrid that I have seen. This is definitely one of the best releases from MOTIV and I bring this ball with me anywhere I go. The versatility of the Sigma Hybrid is unmatched and compliments the Sigma Tour very well for a serious 1-2 punch on the lanes.

Nick Pahr
MOTIV Staff Member
GET MOTIV-ated

J How
06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
This Sigma Hybrid is simply amazing. I threw mine last night for a few shots and it was way to much ball for my House shot(bowl on old wood lanes, and didn't really drill it to use there anyways). This ball hooks a lot more than I expected. I drilled it 60 x 4.25 x 40. The ball revs early and makes a big turn and really drives through the pins a lot like the sigma. I would say I was about 5 to 7 boards inside of where I am with my Sig Tour. Overall the Hybrid starts earlier than the Tour and I would say the overall hook is greater also. This is definitely the Sigma Tour's big brother.

PS. I have also drilled another Hybrid at 70 x 5" x 30. This ball gets through the heads a little cleaner and then makes a bigger move on the back end. I really enjoy the versatility this ball gives me. I can play straighter on higher volume patterns or play in once the lanes transition or play drier. A definite piece to have if you want to take your game to the next level.

Justin Howard
Motiv Staff

www.motivbowling.com