toverbey
05-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Lane Condition:
40ft THS on AMF HPL
Medium-Heavy Volume

Layout:
4 3/8” x 3 3/8”
56 x 4 3/8” x 43

Motiv is releasing its first entry-level price point equipment with the Ascent line, but there is nothing entry level about the Ascent Pearl. The combination of the high RG/low Diff Recon core (2.59 RG, .025 Diff) with the MOTIVator Z pearl coverstock (used in the QZ line) allows the ball to easily push down the lane and make a strong backend motion, one not normally seen in an entry-level ball reaction. I laid my Pearl out with the idea of using this ball to its strengths and it has not disappointed. With this core and coverstock working together I have no problems getting the ball to glide through the heads and the midlane. Once the ball gets down to the break point it reads the spot aggressively and makes a very pronounced move towards the pocket. Once going into the pocket the Pearl has no issue getting through the pins, driving through them with incredible energy (thanks in part to the Recon storing energy for such a late move). Once the lanes begin to break down I can start getting left and use this ball to bounce off of the dry and keep a strong, angular motion through the pins even with larger launch angles. Entry level pricing with an advanced reaction, this perfectly describes the Motiv Ascent Pearl.

Here is my YouTube video review of the Ascent Solid: http://youtu.be/8lc7Hj1fkwc

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com

MICHAEL
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Sweet!! Looks great going into the pocket!! I am sure thats the day I was there watching you vedio the ball! Strike after strike, the ball sure impressed me! I know a lot of the glory goes to you, (your great delivery, and ball drilling skills) ,, but the ball did the JOB!!! I was impressed!!