toverbey
05-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Lane Condition:
40ft THS on AMF HPL
Medium-Heavy Volume

Layout:
4 1/8” x 3 9/16
65 x 4 1/8” x 71

Motiv is releasing its first entry-level price point equipment with the Ascent line, but there is nothing entry level about the Ascent Solid. Even with the high RG, low Diff Recon core (2.59 RG, .025 Diff) as its engine, the MOTIVator Z coverstock (found in the QZ line) takes charge of this ball’s motion by creating a very smooth, controllable ball reaction for an entry-level product. I laid this ball out with every intention of creating a similar, but weaker, motion to my Thrash and that is exactly what I got. This ball gets through the heads extremely easily because of the weaker nature of the core/cover duo, but once it gets further in the mids it begins to rev up quite well. Once the ball decides to make its motion to the pocket I have seen a very smooth but continuous movement; it is very easy to read and extremely controllable at the spot. Going through the pins has been no issue since the Recon core stores up that little extra punch of energy down lane. My Solid, which is drilled fairly aggressively, has been a great compliment to my weaker Thrash. When the Thrash became too much ball, by hooking too soon, I moved to the Solid and was able to continue my great look without having to compromise too large of a launch angle. This ball will excel on shorter and flatter patterns because of the smoothness and controllability it has at the breakpoint. Entry level pricing with an advanced reaction, this perfectly describes the Motiv Ascent Solid.

Here is my YouTube video review of the Ascent Solid: http://youtu.be/0ub68lEM46k

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com

MICHAEL
05-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I think that was the day I was watching you make the video, and I know you didn't need to do any editing!! You were throwing strike after strike!! The ball worked GREAT under those conditions!!