PDA

View Full Version : Transferring to bowling 2-handed.

I suck at bowling
05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Recently I have been bowling 2 handed because of an injury to my thumb.

And let me say, bowling 2 handed is a lot more fun then bowling 1 handed. It has ben the most fun I've had bowling in a long time. I have gotten okay scores, I am usually around 160-180, and I think that once I get this style down, I could be really good at it.

Anyone else here transfer from 1 handed to 2 handed?

billf
05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I've played around with it but that's all. I'm not comfortable enough with it for more than that.

I suck at bowling
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
I've played around with it but that's all. I'm not comfortable enough with it for more than that.

With the skip step I have in my approach, it almost feels like I was meant to bowl that way. It is way more comfortable for me.

eugene02
05-30-2012, 11:48 PM
i've tried 2 handed bowling.. last week i did 2 handed and had a score of 160.. because of my hand having blister.. so i played.. pretty much ok.. but won't be relying on it that much.. maybe for fun.. its okay..

Etrain
06-02-2012, 05:18 AM
i did then went back to just using 2 fingers, after a few weeks of bowling 2 handed my back would give in, i guess the stress of the upper torso movement..... my back isnt the greatest 2 bulging disks

2 handed was fun though

MICHAEL
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Hummmmm, maybe thats a good reason for me to not even try it!! I have problems in lower back, L5 and L6.... Is two hand bowling harder on lower back??

billf
06-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Hummmmm, maybe thats a good reason for me to not even try it!! I have problems in lower back, L5 and L6.... Is two hand bowling harder on lower back??

lower, middle and upper. this old man wasn't meant to lean over into a horizontal position. Horizontal is for only one thing...............................

MICHAEL
06-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Bill what would that one thing be??? (:?) lol....thanks again can't wait to try a few things out!

martin
06-04-2012, 04:56 AM
tried going to 2-handed, but puts a lot of strain on the back and upper arm (maybe i did it wrong).. so returned to 1 handed hook

GeorgiaStroker
06-04-2012, 04:26 PM
lower, middle and upper. this old man wasn't meant to lean over into a horizontal position. Horizontal is for only one thing...............................

So do you sleep standing up or...oh never mind. Not sure I want to know.

billf
06-04-2012, 10:46 PM
So do you sleep standing up or...oh never mind. Not sure I want to know.
Actually, since my retina reattachment surgery I sleep sitting up. I had to stay face down for a full month then they had me sit up to help with the floaters. Now I can't sleep laying down and still have floaters in my eye lol. The face down part is so the gas bubble they enclose the attached part in can heal. If you don't stay face down then gravity can pull the gas bubble of the attachment and the surgery would have to be done again.