PDA

View Full Version : Finally it's my turn!!!!

eugene02
06-02-2012, 04:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLn4T15W464

Catch this..

The lanes are much drier than the first 6 -7 games that I played on other lanes.. Had to move because I wanted to film..

After switching.. Kept getting Brooklyn even if I don't rev as much..

Do comments please!

Etrain
06-02-2012, 05:06 AM
what ball were u using?

eugene02
06-02-2012, 05:17 AM
what ball were u using?

DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge! Got it from my girlfriend for birthday present!! Hee....

MICHAEL
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge??? I thought you needed a NEW BALL??? You have one of the BEAT WEAPONS out there eugene!! But like all weapons, its only as good as the guy aiming it! I think you are going to be a great bowler!!! Better form then me!! And I am real good bowler, as you know! Nice girlfriend!!! My wife has never given me a bowling ball, much less a weapon like your girl friend gave you.... ((((eugune... she just might be a keeper))) , between me and you!! (:).... keep up the good work!! It won't be long, and we will be hearing here in the States,,,, Eugene Bowls a perfect 300 game in Singapore, and marries the woman that gave him the DV8, that made it all possible!! (:)

Florida Bowler
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I am not a coach, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. The one thing I see is your arm comes across your body. I have found that it is easier to be consistent when my arm comes straight up. Also, there were a few shots where you looked like you were off balance, falling to your right after you released the ball. Everything else looked good to me. Good timing, nice armswing.

-DJ

MinnesotaBowler
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
You're physical game is really good. Only one thing I could notice was that you were falling out of the shot on some of them like Florida Bowler said. But even that only happened a couple times. Something that might fix that is if you try to post on your slide leg until the ball hits the pins. Eventually you will have better balance at the foul line. Another thing that works for some people is if you keep your non-sliding foot closer to the ground. For me it seems to help my balance a bit. But overall your game is very good!

eugene02
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Sometimes I fall off to the right is because I tend to "rev" more than normal which cause my arm to hook the ball up more which makes me unbalance.. But I'm unable to get a high game of 200 even now.. Gonna keep trying!

eugene02
06-02-2012, 12:41 PM
the shot at 2.00 was the shot that i've hooked the ball too much that i lost balance.. that's explain why i fall to the right side.. hahaha

JaMau24
06-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Nice video Eugene. I will say, you are very capable of being a great bowler. You throw a nice ball. If you just continue to practice, work on your accuracy, you'll be averaging over 210 or more in no time.

ursus
06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Congrats on the new ball!!

billf
06-02-2012, 07:41 PM
The shot at 1:00 was your best. If possible, play it back and stop it at your release. Frame by frame is best if you can. Look at where your hand is. Every time it's in a slightly different spot. This is part of what is causing you to lose revs and accuracy. Your hand is always at or above the equator of the ball (horizontal line bisecting the ball in half). This creates more spin than revs. Maybe from you using the helicopter style, don't know. But by trying to force the revs that you are more than able to create naturally, you are allowing your hand to flail around the top half of the ball and the momentum is taking you off line and off balance. Learning to keep your non-slide foot down will help. Doing so also allows the balance arm (that you use well) to act as a strong pendulum. Don't try to accelerate your swing with muscles until it's past vertical and keep your fingers as far below the ball's equator as you can. The further under you get the more revs and axis tilt you will create without effort.

eugene02
06-03-2012, 12:55 AM
The shot at 1:00 was your best. If possible, play it back and stop it at your release. Frame by frame is best if you can. Look at where your hand is. Every time it's in a slightly different spot. This is part of what is causing you to lose revs and accuracy. Your hand is always at or above the equator of the ball (horizontal line bisecting the ball in half). This creates more spin than revs. Maybe from you using the helicopter style, don't know. But by trying to force the revs that you are more than able to create naturally, you are allowing your hand to flail around the top half of the ball and the momentum is taking you off line and off balance. Learning to keep your non-slide foot down will help. Doing so also allows the balance arm (that you use well) to act as a strong pendulum. Don't try to accelerate your swing with muscles until it's past vertical and keep your fingers as far below the ball's equator as you can. The further under you get the more revs and axis tilt you will create without effort.

Thanks Bill! i'll make more videos when I go bowling.. Maybe everyweek i'll do so.. so.. lets just see... if i do get better.. but.. this time, i'll tape from the 1st game onwards.. hee!

martinezsam2495
06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Nice, amazing throw! Just as I said on the comment I posted on your youtube, you started to move from your strike zone, causing you to lose consistency of hitting strikes,
like I've once heard a famous bowler say, "If you think you STINK", what I got from that quote was that when you start to question your approach and start to use a different one than the one that is working for you, then you would lose focus, keep practicing, and like Michael said from above, you have a weapon of mass destruction, haha

LTNINGFan
06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Nice, amazing throw! Just as I said on the comment I posted on your youtube, you started to move from your strike zone, causing you to lose consistency of hitting strikes,
like I've once heard a famous bowler say, "If you think you STINK", what I got from that quote was that when you start to question your approach and start to use a different one than the one that is working for you, then you would lose focus, keep practicing, and like Michael said from above, you have a weapon of mass destruction, haha

Your form looks pretty darned smooth for sure. I am taking notes in hopes it will help me, especially with all the advice being handed out by everyone :)

eugene02
06-04-2012, 05:15 AM
anyone knows what style is this? power tweener or??

got_a_300
06-04-2012, 11:21 PM
anyone knows what style is this? power tweener or??

I would have to say with your style that you are a power tweener for sure.

eugene02
06-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I would have to say with your style that you are a power tweener for sure.

okay thanks!

martin
06-05-2012, 05:14 AM
on a side note, who the hell is that guy at 0:14?? LOL..

eugene02
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
his the maintenance guy.. incharge of the pins when its not racked properly.. help with the ball which is not coming back..

martin
06-05-2012, 06:23 AM
i see.. thought who the hell is that guy.. walking back and forth like that.. lol.. see him again at 3:53.. lol..

eugene02
06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
repairing the machines at the back i guess..

martinezsam2495
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
haha yeah I barely noticed that

eugene02
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
haha yeah I barely noticed that

because the main topic is not about him! hahaha it's ME!!! starting to sound like Michael... =P

eugene02
06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
anyone able to calculate my rev rate for me? Don't really know how it seems to go about..

billf
06-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Put a piece of tape on your ball (preferably white) from above your ring finger to the right about 4 inches. Record some throws with a good view from the foul line to the pins. I don't need to see your form just the ball. Then send a copy of the video to my email and I will calculate it for you. There is a chart that converts number of times the ball rotates and speed to get rev rate.
bowlerz_score@yahoo.com

eugene02
06-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Put a piece of tape on your ball (preferably white) from above your ring finger to the right about 4 inches. Record some throws with a good view from the foul line to the pins. I don't need to see your form just the ball. Then send a copy of the video to my email and I will calculate it for you. There is a chart that converts number of times the ball rotates and speed to get rev rate.
bowlerz_score@yahoo.com

ok bill! i'll try to get a new video this week and get it to you.

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 01:26 AM
ok bill! i'll try to get a new video this week and get it to you.
yeah that'll be the best way to find out

martin
06-06-2012, 02:51 AM
usually i just use the simple formula (that might be wrong).. read it from a number of sites.. first notice how many times the ball rotates, then the time it takes for the ball to travel from the foul line to the pins..
rev rate = number of rotations divided by 1/time taken

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I have thrown it from near the gutter, to the middle of the 2nd and first pin from the left

billf
06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I've tried uploading the chart but it's too big. I will look for the link to a site. However, the chart is half the battle. Having a program to play the video slow enough to actually count the revolutions is the other half.

billf
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
http://powerhousebowling.com/images/uploads/pdf/Ball_speed_rev_rate_chart.pdf

martin
06-12-2012, 03:52 AM
my rev rate is about 150-200 i think.. if following that chart.. btw, if my time is 3.2s, what's my ball speed?

Florida Bowler
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Martin, there is a small chart on the left of the one Bill posted that has the speeds. 3.2s equates to 12.78 mph.

martin
06-13-2012, 03:58 AM
oops missed that.. thanks Florida Bowler.. btw, my speed is so low (12-14 mph) and rev rate is slow (150-200).. :(

billf
06-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Martin, are you sure your rev rate is that low? I've seen very few that low and even less that low that didn't throw a straight ball.

TheSheibs
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Congrats on the new ball. Your release looks ice and smooth. It does look like you need to work on consistently hitting your mark. Also what Minnesotabowler said about posting up until the ball hits the pins might help. I noticed you did that couple times while watching the ball, and you got a strike. I call it the "Statue of Liberty" move. I call it that because I leave my hand out in front of me and stay that way till the ball hits the pins. It is something that could help you see where your arm is. If you throw it and your arm stops in front of your head then the ball is probably going across the lane. If it ends and is pointing At the gutter the ball could be too shallow in the pocket. Keep practicing and you'll be up there in no time.

martin
06-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Martin, are you sure your rev rate is that low? I've seen very few that low and even less that low that didn't throw a straight ball.

i'm not totally sure.. but certainly no higher than 300..

martin
07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
just asking.. how do u post a video?

billf
07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I upload mine to youtube. After it's uploaded it gives you a link. Copy that link, click the add video button on advanced reply on this forum and paste the link in there. *make sure the "private" box is not checked when you upload or we won't be able to see it.