06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Specs
PAP: 5 1/4 across
Core - Recon
Cover - Motivator-Z Reactive
OOB Surface - 2000 w/ Polish
Rg- 2.59
Diff - .25

If you've ever thrown an entry level ball you know that only get the performance you pay for correct? Well not anymore. The newest addition to motiv's line of products brings you the most bang for your buck from any entry level addition I have ever seen. With the Motivator-Z Coverstock found on the Qz line of balls and the Recon core found in the Recon itself this ball gives you everything you can ask for in hitting power and control on more demanding friction patterns and broken down house shots.

The high Rg rating and added pearl design of the Ascent gets the ball easily and cleanly through the heads. The low Differential rating controls the breakpoint and lets you make smaller moves left to maintain and maximize your scoring angles.

I drilled my Ascent at 55 x 5 1/4 x 40 which puts the pin slightly right and above my bridge and let me tell you what this ball hits hundreds of dollars more expensive than it is. I have NEVER thrown let alone seen an entry level ball that rolls as clean and powerful as the ascent pearl. It glides through the heads with ease and makes a controlled angular motion off the breakpoint.

When you buy a bowling ball you want something that's going to roll true and carry every single time (not to mention if your a superman fan you'll love the colors), this is the ball for you and your friends so head on out to your local pro shop order an Ascent and get MOTIVated!

Aaron Gall - Motiv Staff

J How
06-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Motiv Ascent Pearl

The New Motiv Ascent Pearl is the next best thing in entry level performance. Motiv hits another home run with the new Ascent pearl. This is the first low end ball I have ever thrown that does not quit when it gets to the pins. Not only does this ball look amazing and have great shelf appeal, it also performs on the lanes as well. I love how this ball is predictable shot after shot. This ball will provide you with great length and predictable down lane motion. I drilled this ball to utilize its length and then pop on the back end. I used a 50 x 4.5 x 40 layout. I like to use this ball on lighter volume patterns and when I can play the gutter. This ball plays about 5 boards farther out than I can play with the orange recon. It gets down the lane a farther and still makes it to the pocket. Do not be scared of the entry level tag on this ball, as it will fit in the bag for any level of player.

Justin Howard ~ Motiv Staff

billf
06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Motiv Ascent Solid

The New Motiv Ascent Solid is the next best thing in entry level performance. Motiv takes entry level performance to an all new level. The Motiv solid for me, drilled 50 x 4 x 60, is great for me on the fresh when I want to play the lanes a little straighter. For me personally the solid is a little longer and a tad weaker than my thrash. It also has a very smooth controlled reaction, and the ball never gets jumpy, even when it gets to the dry, yet will still recover and destroy the pins. The neo mark graphics really pop off of the red and blue shell. This ball is a great compliment to the pearl version. Drilled similar the solid will start a little earlier and hook more overall. When you think of the solid, think smooooth. The reaction and controllability, will make you wonder how we can classify this ball as entry level.

Justin Howard ~ Motiv Staff

So which is it? Both balls can't be the next best thing yet you said just that is consecutive threads? Not only is that bringing down your credibility but that of Motiv. Probably just a company bot inputting the company line anyway.

TheSheibs
06-12-2012, 01:48 AM
This really reads as a sales pitch to me. Anyone else get that feeling by reading The first post? I found billf's post more informative about the ball.

billf
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
That was my point, it's probably just spam from Motiv. Look at the names, they just look made up. Never mind that I noticed J How had the same reply to both balls. I realize the market is fierce but this is pathetic.

GeorgiaStroker
06-13-2012, 01:48 PM
That was my point, it's probably just spam from Motiv. Look at the names, they just look made up. Never mind that I noticed J How had the same reply to both balls. I realize the market is fierce but this is pathetic.

Yeah, especially since all the posts from both of those names are ball reviews. No conversational posts or questions or advice. You would think that a company would realize that such tactics turn buyers off. It's like those calls you get from a political candidate asking if they can count on your support. I always tell them I'm keeping a record of calls and the candidate who calls me the fewest number of times will get my vote.