PDA

View Full Version : 17 and interested in improving my game.

martinezsam2495
06-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone,
I'd be more than glad to get some good tips and criticism. I know the 2 finger bowling approach isn't a "good one" in most eyes, but personally I love it since that is the way I have always learned to bowl. I am left handed, and I use my index finger and middle finger to throw the ball, as I said earlier I do not use my thumb. My highest game is 189 and I was a strike away from a 200, my dad said when I get a 200 he would buy me my own bowling ball and bowling shoes. Here is a video on detail on how I hold the ball, and what it's features are, thank you everyone for taking your time on reading this, and enjoy your day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP63NRiuq5c
Cheer's Sam

eugene02
06-03-2012, 12:50 AM
it'll be best if you can take a video of how you bowl when your bowling.. it'll be better and more understandable.. with your way of bowling.. truthfully I've never seen anyone bowled like that.. personally won't recommend this way.. but as long as your comfortable and gets high scores.. no one can bring you down.. cheers!

Etrain
06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Take a video and remember bowling is not all about strikes... Making spared will give u consistent hi games. How are u picking up 7 pins? I would use 3 fingers for most spares personally, especially since your young it should be easier to learn. You don't want to pick up bad habits when your young because it will be much more difficult for you in the long run

eugene02
06-06-2012, 12:06 PM
start young, learn the right way and get on the right track and improve! One day.. a PBA bowler is BORN.

Etrain
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM
not telling u to change your style with the 2 fingers because i bowl my strike ball with 2 fingers, but learn the 3 especially with spares ... Double trouble ( much more accurate with 3 fingers

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Take a video and remember bowling is not all about strikes... Making spared will give u consistent hi games. How are u picking up 7 pins? I would use 3 fingers for most spares personally, especially since your young it should be easier to learn. You don't want to pick up bad habits when your young because it will be much more difficult for you in the long run
Before I started to use the approach from all the one in the right, and throw it to the 2nd arrow, to get it I used to curve it the opposite way,
I can curve to the right and to the left, but I have more control hooking it to the right,
I'll try learning 3 fingers soon,