PDA

View Full Version : New Here need some help with arsenal building

dgordon0408
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi all, Currently I am bowling a house league and a pba/sport league, Im looking to fill out my arsenal. Right now i have a defiant pin down p3 hole at 1500 polish, a versa max pin up oob, and a victory road pearl at 4000 polish. I have above average speed at about 19 mph, average rev rate at about 300, lower tilt at about 13 degrees, and my rotation is at about 50 degrees. Im hoping to fill out my arsenal to be able to compete on most conditions and eventually be able to go to junior gold and sport tournaments that require a better arsenal than i currently have. Im thinking about adding another versa max and drill it identical to my defiant and put 2000 on it. and then possibly get something above that. I also might get something for drier conditions that my vrp cant handle maybe something like a pink and purple karma or a track 300a. I also want to add a ball above the versa max that i will more than likely be adding maybe a morich hookr?

so the arsenal that i am planning to have by the time im done will look something like this
Defiant 1500 polish
Hookr 3000?
Versa max pin down 2000
Versa max pin up oob
Victory road pearl 4000 polish
Pink and purple karma 4000 polish?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks for the help

martinezsam2495
06-04-2012, 01:14 AM
The Critical Theory is an amazing ball! I say you should check it out!

dgordon0408
06-04-2012, 03:06 AM
only reason i didnt put the critical down is because up until the versa max all ive thrown is roto and storm, i want to explore all the other options seeing that im not on roto or storm staff why should i continue to throw their products completely, it wont hurt to venture out and look at other equipment, i didnt think i was going to find a replacement for my hyroad which died until i grabbed a versa max and now i love it to the point where i want another

eugene02
06-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Since you wanna try new brands.. go for DV8.. I'll say i'll support them the most.. If money permits me, I'll get either a Too Reckless/Reckless + Misfit.. I would recommend you Too Reckless / Reckless for replacement for the Hy-Road.

dgordon0408
06-04-2012, 03:41 AM
well the replacement for my hyroad was the versa max so im looking to fill in the other gaps in the arsenal like the ball above the other versa ill probably get and below the vroad if i need something there

billf
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
The DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge is the best heavy oil ball on the market at this point. Bar none.

billf
06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Since you wanna try new brands.. go for DV8.. I'll say i'll support them the most.. .
Eugene, friend, are you serious? You copied my avatar and signature (no big deal) and then say YOU support DV8 the most? Dude, stop drinking the lane conditioner, it's rotting away brain cells lol

I paid for my DV8 equipment and if my total arsenal broke or was stolen I would buy all DV8 again! I would also buy a Nexxus but the Storm and Roto-Grip stuff would not get replaced.

eugene02
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
haha.. bill.. i really like DV8 Brands now.. if give a choice.. i would like my whole arsenal to be DV8...

eugene02
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, I guess this will do.. :)

dgordon0408
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
dont really think the revenge is what im looking for, i think im looking for something similar to a lethal revolver or possibly the hookr

The Mayor
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
The Marvel Pearl is the perfect ball to fit between your Versa Max and Defiant. This is the best ball on the market right now, in my opinion. It's so versatile. It would give you a little more length and more hook than the Versa Max.

The German Shepherd
06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I am not sure how you could go wrong with a Cross Road. The ball is predicable and has plenty of horsepower....

Jay