PDA

View Full Version : When oil starts to break down what ball do you go 2

MICHAEL
06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
When shots start going bad after a good start with your strike ball. What ball is a good choice in regards to lanes drying up. If you had a V.G. Nanno, what would you use in your arsenal to compensate for changing lane conditons! I know there are a lot of variables to consider, but I notice many of the best bowlers bring 5, even 6 balls to alleys with them. Is there a second ball for (dryer lanes, broken down lanes, that many go to)?

billf
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I bring 6 inside and usually use 4. I'll use a typical THS league night. Nexxus to start, then the Reckless then the Misfit plus my spare ball. If the lanes are real dry (like 2nd shift) then I start with the Misfit, then Natural Pearl then my plastic. Most sport shots I have been trying to use my HRRs to start then the Nexxus and Reckless if needed.

MICHAEL
06-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Our league night bowling was wild!! Everyone was complaining about the lack of oil!!! I have two high performace balls, and they were worthless for the beginning!! I switched to a spare ball in the 4th game, and it worked great.
We wond 4 out of 5, but I wish I would have pulled it out at the beginning of the 2nd game. I kept trying to find a place to make one of my strike balls to work! Out side was a joke, second arrow was also very dry, so dry my ball came back with rug burns!!!LOL It was crazy, but what I learned tonight was this: Don't think things are going to get better when lanes are dry, go to a weaker ball!

billf
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I had very dry lanes tonight also. In practice I threw the HRR once, put all my balls away and just used plastic. The awful part is the guy I went against was getting 89 pins of handicap. The entire other team were straight bowlers so the dry didn't affect them like it did us. I did take 2 of 3 anyway 220, 223, 213

MICHAEL
06-06-2012, 12:58 AM
VERY,,, VERY nice for guy that's blind!! I did not do as well as you my friend!!! ( I really don't want to take about my scores,,,,,, But we won 4 and lost only 1 third game! I think we, ( my wonderful wife, and humble me), are one game behind His team that was tied for first. Jasons team mate wound up just throwing plastic streight balls! Everyone was up set with the lane conditions, I did see the mechanic puting the oil down when I arrived at the alley 45 minutes early! Great Job Bill!!! A really good bowler, almost always take the average one, even with handicap, seems to me from what I have observed!

got_a_300
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Our lanes are just the opposite most of the bowlers except myself and
my 2 team mates on Wed. night league are complaining about to much
oil on the lanes. I have 2 crankers for team mates and I'm I guess you
would call me an ex-cranker or a high powered tweener now so we love
the extra oil as it has really helped us out.

Florida Bowler
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
When the lanes break down, I go to the only other ball I have, the Maxim. Unfortunately, that is all I have been able to roll so far this summer, as there is very little oil on the lanes for open bowlers.

-DJ

MICHAEL
06-07-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Florida Bowler;44270]When the lanes break down, I go to the only other ball I have, the Maxim. Unfortunately, that is all I have been able to roll so far this summer, as there is very little oil on the lanes for open bowlers.

I know when it get real dry here, I have been thinking about buying some lane oil and a bucket. Dip the ball in the oil, shake it a few times, and problem solved!!! LOL..(:)

got_a_300
06-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I know when it get real dry here, I have been thinking about buying some lane oil and a bucket. Dip the ball in the oil, shake it a few times, and problem solved!!! LOL..(:)

LOL!!! we used to say back when the lanes got dry on us we was going to spray our
bowling balls down with a can of WD40 but here lately our shot hasn't been breaking
down on us that much. Last night and for the past several weeks on the Wednesday
and Thursday night leagues I have been able to use only 1 ball and never have to move
a board from where I start the night out at because with the extra oil they have been laying
down it has been a great help for me on the lanes not drying out so much.