PDA

View Full Version : DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge (Mostly) ME AGAIN!!

eugene02
06-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Just went bowling.. Now gonna upload the video and post the link here..
Reached my new high game of 197 ONLY :(

Do comment on the following video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGaaAgT90I

p/s: When i was playing, my gf was helping me to take the video on the tripod.. zooming in and out and focusing.. Thanks to her :)

eugene02
06-07-2012, 04:06 PM
hold on awhile the video is still processing..

got_a_300
06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Looks like when you get that ball into the pocket area it slams
the pins even on the Brooklyn side it carry's pretty decently and
that split that looked to be the 4 - 9 was a good pickup it looks
like that may be to much ball for those lanes. LOL!!!

The German Shepherd
06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I like the rhythm of your approach. I would like to see you bring your pendulum swing closer to your body so that you are not throwing the ball across your body.

Jay

Florida Bowler
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I like the rhythm of your approach. I would like to see you bring your pendulum swing closer to your body so that you are not throwing the ball across your body.

Jay

Yes. I knew the arm was crossing the body, but did not know why. I think you will be more consistent if you can do that.

-DJ

TheSheibs
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
To really see your approach and release, i suggest next time to focus on you and not the ball going down the lane. The ball seems to be doing exactly what you want it to do. Looks like just need to work on your release. Also I couldn't tell but were you following through with your arm after you released the ball?

billf
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
There were a couple of shots where I was able to see his release and yes, Eugene was following through.
Eugene, just so you know your speed was varying between 14.11 & 15.73 mph.
Your hand still isn't below the equator of the ball at release..see :23 for a prime shot. I see you didn't put the tape on for me to configure your rev rate:rolleyes:
Next time your girlfriend records, let her know to get your set-up and stance for us too. Tell her thank you also. She did a good job.

martin
06-08-2012, 01:01 AM
seems like the video focused too much on the ball and it's more like a ball reaction video.. lol..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 01:25 AM
There were a couple of shots where I was able to see his release and yes, Eugene was following through.
Your hand still isn't below the equator of the ball at release..see :23 for a prime shot. I see you didn't put the tape on for me to configure your rev rate:rolleyes:
Next time your girlfriend records, let her know to get your set-up and stance for us too. Tell her thank you also. She did a good job.

bill! for the tape issue.. i forgot to bring a tape and the counter doesn't have masking tape. only those transparent kind of tape so i didn't use it..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 01:26 AM

i don't really get what it means by my hand isn't below the equator of the ball at release.. this time play was worst than the other time.. But i've got my new high game of 197 on the last game i've played.. ALMOST a clean game.. until the last frame of 10 screwed it up by having a 7 pins..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 01:27 AM

Jay

sorry don't really understand this too.. any videos to show?

eugene02
06-08-2012, 01:28 AM
To really see your approach and release, i suggest next time to focus on you and not the ball going down the lane. The ball seems to be doing exactly what you want it to do. Looks like just need to work on your release. Also I couldn't tell but were you following through with your arm after you released the ball?

this was just to see how my ball rolls on the lanes.. didn't really want to focus on me that much.. maybe next time i'll film a sideways video showing me when throwing the ball..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 01:28 AM
seems like the video focused too much on the ball and it's more like a ball reaction video.. lol..

wanted to see how much my ball react when on the lane as when i'm playing, can't see this effect.. was amazed by the video totally..

martin
06-08-2012, 02:28 AM
wanted to see how much my ball react when on the lane as when i'm playing, can't see this effect.. was amazed by the video totally..

it's a nice video actually.. but can't really tell if there were any problems with your bowling with this video..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 03:03 AM
it's a nice video actually.. but can't really tell if there were any problems with your bowling with this video..

i'll focus more on me next time.. Side view!

The German Shepherd
06-08-2012, 08:19 AM
sorry don't really understand this too.. any videos to show?

For sure. Go to youtube and watch vids of the pros. You will notice that when they release the ball, their shoulders are more or less squared with the foul line, if not their target. They do not turn as sideways at the line as you do. Pete Weber (love him or hate him) has one of the best physical games EVER and you will see that his arm swing comes straight up after release. Your follow through actually crosses your body somewhere around your waist/belt line. You do this because you are trying to follow through down the lane (as you should) but since you have turned sideways your body is pointing one way while your arm is trying to follow through in the right direction.

This can be remedied by keeping your shoulders squared with your foul-line or target all during your delivery, including your follow-through.

Jay

eugene02
06-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Okay! Thanks.. Now i understand better!

billf
06-08-2012, 10:51 PM
i don't really get what it means by my hand isn't below the equator of the ball at release...

Eugene, here is a video where I'm attempting to explain the equator comment followed by some shots of where my hand sometimes comes out at. Hope it helps clear things up.

http://youtu.be/nnbHUVCnkpo

eugene02
06-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks bill.. I get the rough idea.. will try to do this on the next bowling session.. Is that you talking by the way?

billf
06-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes it is me talking but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

eugene02
06-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the explanation though! I'll try again!

billf
06-09-2012, 12:31 AM
That was the first time I focused on how far behind the ball I am. Not as far today but was a lot closer to the middle than I thought. My knee was killing me today so my approach speed and timing were off a little. Speed was 4mph slower than normal today (14mph instead of 18mph).
I record most of my training sessions now so next time I'm able to do it properly I will send you a link.

eugene02
06-09-2012, 01:08 AM
yea thanks bill! looking forward to see the videos.

martin
06-12-2012, 03:41 AM
i'm also looking forward to it.. :D