PDA

View Full Version : Short Clip on my Side View and a couple of shots..

eugene02
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
It's me again.. Just to show my side view..

Bill.. Forgot to get the tape again.. shall do it next week..

Okay.. Video is on my side view for the front part... Do comment.. Tried not to swing my body and maintain like Pete Weber.. (like him or hate him) (hate actually >_<)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XKdaVKAZD4

Here's the link..

Do Comment..

Etrain
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
im no pro but it looks good besides some off balance shots, i notice the hand placement and position is different sometimes unlike the pros when they release it looks identical everytime

billf
06-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Not bad. It's true that your feet and release were different at times. Some of the shots where your feet were short of the foul line it appeared you stuck. Your follow through was also different at times. Work on getting your release point, slide and follow through timing consistent. The different hand positions, if intentional that's fine. If not on purpose then work on that too. It's to your advantage to know how different positions will affect your ball reaction but only if you can control it.

eugene02
06-08-2012, 11:31 PM
the oil seems to be abit too dry.. So i tried to push the ball as hard as i could to avoid the brooklyn.. thats why my hand sometime would be in different placement.. Got tired soon! hahahaha

Etrain
06-09-2012, 03:25 AM
i think te dv8 in all your videos appear to strong... ever think about getting it polishes for more length?

eugene02
06-09-2012, 12:42 PM
not really.. because i've always played in the night when the oil is i guess totally used up.. If i go in the morning with fresh oil.. i guess i will get as much length as i can get.. Because competition/leagues wont be late at night i guess.. so no point polishing..

DiBo
06-09-2012, 07:03 PM
not really.. because i've always played in the night when the oil is i guess totally used up.. If i go in the morning with fresh oil.. i guess i will get as much length as i can get.. Because competition/leagues wont be late at night i guess.. so no point polishing..

;)

Please polish your ball! I do this at home with mine, using slightly warm dish soap water, then rinse well, and dry completely. This keeps my aging equipment more consistent for all lane conditions. The more consistent my equipment is, the more I can rely on my own adjustments to work for me in the game.

I viewed your profile (side view) video on yahoo several times, in full screen mode. Here are my observations of that recording for your session:

1. Overall, you have a fairly consistent approach, release point, and your steps are also consistent.

2. However, your follow-through, release point and hand position each need some work to become as consistent as your approach. (Work on being smooth with your feet and do not use your shoulder to muscle the ball, as you will experience an early skid or stop to your slide foot when you do this.)

3. The best shot was your final strike, shown from behind and slightly to your left from the camera perspective. NOTE: Your starting position in this shot was significantly to your left from the other ones in this video, showing that the lane conditions when you were bowling were quite dry, yes. Your stance for this shot also supported the ball that you use. On heavier oil conditions, you will need to adjust toward the center-left side to maintain consistent tracking for your ball, as this nice strike shot was done on a very dry lane condition.

4. What I noticed most is that your right leg finishes very well behind your body, illustrating a great balance as a foundation for improvement to your average. This is something that many bowlers need to work on, yet you appear to have made this a strength for your game. Work on supporting this by using an easy slide, good and consistent follow through, with REDUCED shoulder push! Ideally, you do not want your shoulder muscles to contract as the ball drops to your release point. Let the ball do the work it is meant to do, not your shoulder helping it in any way, other than to follow your point of release, guiding the shot to your target.

:D I am certain that you will bowl a 200+ game very soon. Your average will rise as you become more relaxed and stop using your shoulder to "push" the ball on dry lane conditions. Let the ball do the work it is designed to do and allow your consistency to flow together as you release the ball without shoulder work.

When you are relaxed, you will not get tired and you will make better shots in the later games. Well Done and thanks for sharing your video!

billf
06-09-2012, 08:42 PM
;)

Please polish your ball! I do this at home with mine, using slightly warm dish soap water, then rinse well, and dry completely. This keeps my aging equipment more consistent for all lane conditions. The more consistent my equipment is, the more I can rely on my own adjustments to work for me in the game.

That's cleaning a ball not polishing it. Polishing take polish.

eugene02
06-10-2012, 04:43 AM
bill.. which ball from DV8 will u recommend me if the hell raiser revenge is too strong on my lanes here at night? Too Reckless, Reckless or Misfit?

billf
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I prefer the Reckless over the Too Reckless. The reaction off the breakpoint works better for me. My doubles teammate prefers the Too Reckless. Given how the HRR looks in the above video the Reckless would be a better choice than the Misfit. Unless you wanted to play from the 10 board (second dot) to the 5 board (1st arrow) and back to the pocket.

eugene02
06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
okay thanks bill.. I may get the Reckless because its blue.. and a Misfit which gonna get a green one...

martin
06-12-2012, 03:56 AM
seems good to me.. u're gonna be better than me soon.. *sigh