PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Hybrid

TheSheibs
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
So I picked up one of these Colombia 300 Freeze Hybrid balls and have it drilled as a finger-tip grip. I am left handed and have been bowling for years but the used ball I picked up for $60 just wasn't doing what I am use to doing. Since I got this ball, I have bowled a number of 180, 190, and three games 200+. I also just set a personal best of 255. I am able to adjust how much curve the ball does each throw just by changing my hand from under the ball to 45degrees to the side and all the way on the side. I usually throw it with my hand on the side to get the most curve out of it. Overall I have been very happy with this ball. Just wondering a few things. How many other people have tried this ball? What type of grip are you using? What is the highest game you bowled with it?

hondo
06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear that you are happy with the Freeze Hybrid. I got one as well and had it drilled to go long. Even after surface adjustments the ball just rolled too early and didn't have any punch. I got rid of that and got a Frantic, wow, what back end and pop. I use a finger-tip grip that is fit correctly, not one that is a hair long or a little short, it is fit for my hand. I don't think I hit over 210 with the Freeze. I have shot 3 279 games with the Frantic.

TheSheibs
06-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks for posting your experience with it. It seems like it is a great fit for me and how I bowl but not one that just anyone can pick up, drill, and throw down the lane. It took me some time to get adjusted to it but once I did. I was scoring higher than I have in a long time.

Keithalw
06-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Im actually wanting to get the hybrid. I picked up the sherbert colored freeze this past feb and havent done bad. Most of the problem with me was my form and getting used to a few things. I know with the freeze I have shot a 260 and have hit over 200+ good bit of times. Being happy with the colombia 300 freeze I am excited bout hopefully being able to pick up the hybrid