PDA

View Full Version : New bowler in town just saying hi.

Smiles
06-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Hey guys just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself.I live in Duluth, Georgia. I'm currently 27 and have been bowling on and off just for fun. However, recently I got my butt handed to me by a friend of mine. Of course, no one likes to lose right? :p So I decided I wanted to really learn how to bowl so I can keep up and eventually beat my friends. Currently I'm using an old Teal Rhino from Brunswick that I've had for ages. I used to bowl with two fingers, but I'm trying to learn how to bowl with three fingers now. :) Searched all through youtube and google, and landed myself here. I hope to learn a lot from the community here and get to know everyone.

eugene02
06-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Hello! Welcome.. I'm sure you can learn alot in the forum from all the people here.. So I hope you do enjoy your stay here and do stay here long!

TheSheibs
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope that the advice given here helps you not only beat your friend but might also peak your interest in bowling on a league and maybe even get some of your other friends into bowling. This sport has been on a decline and things need to be done to get it back to the good old days when bowling was very popular. We need to do what we can to keep it going. Good luck with your goals.

billf
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome aboard. Ask any questions and you will get an abundance of answers.

Florida Bowler
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Welcome! There are many bowlers here with a wealth of knowledge. You will find what you are looking for.

panbanger
06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome, Smiles! I've only been here a short time myself but have already learned quite a bit. I'm sure the experience will be the same for you. People here are quite helpful.

GeorgiaStroker
06-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice to have another Georgia boy around.:) we'll soon have them all surrounded. :D

dgz924s
06-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the madness!...And anyone from Georgia is especially welcome provided they are an FSU fan!!...:)

The German Shepherd
06-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the Boards. You will find a good deal of experience and wisdom here...

Jay

martinezsam2495
06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I am a 2 finger bowler as well, and average around 140, but it is true 3 fingers will throw you a more consistant shot, but I feel 2 fingers gives more power,

Smiles
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow thanks guys for such a warm welcome. I do hope to learn a lot from this community, and it's looking bright already. Forgive me ahead of time if I ever ask a stupid question. :) See you all on the boards!

@TheSheibs - Yeah I remember when I used to tag along with my parents to league it was always packed. Whenever I go to bowl these days the lanes are almost always empty. I was wondering what happened all of a sudden. No one seems to enjoy the sport anymore.

eugene02
06-12-2012, 11:05 PM
because bowling aint cheap that's why many gives up..

got_a_300
06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Smiles yeah I remember when we used to have leagues
every night 7 nights a week now we are down to 2 or 3 league nights a week.

TheSheibs
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Lanes out here in the Bay Area of California have leagues just about every night. Mostly because some of the centers only have 30 to 40 lanes and the leagues take up 10 to 30 lanes. The one I bowl league at has 60 lanes and does 2 leagues at night three times a week. It was also the center that actually had the room to have my Monday night league move to. The one it was at closed down last month due to the owner wanting more money from the people who leased the building. Don't ask why they leased the building and didn't own it. That's a separate discussion.

Smiles
06-14-2012, 03:45 AM
because bowling aint cheap that's why many gives up..

Golf costs 10x more than bowling does, but still remains extremely popular. :(

Welcome to the forum Smiles yeah I remember when we used to have leagues
every night 7 nights a week now we are down to 2 or 3 league nights a week.

Yeah when I used to tag along with my parents, it was packed with league bowlers. My bowling alley only has leagues 2-3 times a week it seems like. Most of the leagues are small too. Probably about 6-7 teams.

Lanes out here in the Bay Area of California have leagues just about every night. Mostly because some of the centers only have 30 to 40 lanes and the leagues take up 10 to 30 lanes. The one I bowl league at has 60 lanes and does 2 leagues at night three times a week. It was also the center that actually had the room to have my Monday night league move to. The one it was at closed down last month due to the owner wanting more money from the people who leased the building. Don't ask why they leased the building and didn't own it. That's a separate discussion.

Lol, wonder why they did that. I never knew there were bowling alleys with 60 lanes. It seems like all Brunswick and AMF is 40.

travkoiboi
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
welcome!

GeorgiaStroker
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Lol, wonder why they did that. I never knew there were bowling alleys with 60 lanes. It seems like all Brunswick and AMF is 40.

I've heard that Castaway's lanes in Las Vegas has 106 lanes.

billf
06-14-2012, 03:31 PM
We have 12 lanes. Fall/winter leagues are filled every night and several day time leagues including 4 senior leagues. Summer leagues don't fare so well.

J Anderson
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
We have 12 lanes. Fall/winter leagues are filled every night and several day time leagues including 4 senior leagues. Summer leagues don't fare so well.

Same here. Dropped in Monday night to say hi to my friends in the sport league. The only lanes in use were 37 to 56, the lanes for the sport league. No open bowlers, no other leagues. There had been a junior sport league from 6:00 to 8:00.