PDA

View Full Version : 1995 IOF Foresters Open

mrbowling300
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
http://youtu.be/FedrxDunatk

Roth wins the final title of his career.

beerframe
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I love these older bowling videos, I remember watching these on television cheering on Walter Ray Williams Jr. and Parker Bohn III.

The German Shepherd
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
What a great video....Roth was an animal.

Jay

TheSheibs
06-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Did you notice on the first game in the video that both bowlers only had one ball on the ball return? Nothing like bowling back when you didn't have so many ball choices. Back than you actually had to have skill and knowledge. Those pros were also bowling 200 games with balls with simple cores. Nothing to special about them.

got_a_300
06-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Those pros were also bowling 200 games with balls with simple cores. Nothing to special about them.

Yep back then you had to do all the work to get the ball to react not like todays bowling balls
that do most of the work for you. You had to really hit your mark consistently and really hit up
on the ball at the point of release or the ball just wouldn't hardly get to the pocket. If I were to
hit up on the bowling balls today like I did back then at the point of release then it more than
likely wouldn't even stay on the lane or stay on the right side of the headpin it would probably hit
the 7 pin every time or run off the lane in front of it.

billf
06-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Did you notice that the oil patterns used back then didn't cause the same issues as they do today? OOps, sorry wrong side of a one-sided discussion.