PDA

View Full Version : Michael's Vivid Update information!

MICHAEL
06-13-2012, 03:41 PM
The pro I purchased the Vivid from informed me YESTERDAY that he did some research, and found that their are SOME issues with the Ball! And that it was not just me, or my imagination! My situation was not and isolated event! I really didn't ask what all the issues were, I was in a hurry! I will find out if any of you would like to know? I am not even sure if it was all, or just some of the balls?

The German Shepherd
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Just got a Vivid and I am glad to say that there were no issues with the ball. Of course that is not to say that there aren't issues with me...

Threw three games with it today and it is a monster. Heavy rolling, hard-hitting and predictable....too bad I had a sugar attack at the end of the 2nd game and totally messed up a nice series with a poor game 3. I am wondering how your pro set up your ball...

Jay

DanielMareina
06-13-2012, 05:13 PM
My vivid, and the two other ones I have drilled all turned out great. It is too bad you got a bad one Michael, but it doesn't happen very often.

MICHAEL
06-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I know Jason loves his Vivid!! I am glad that most do not have a problem!! I only know what the Pro/driller Trent told me yesterday! The person he talked with didn't even let Trent finish his sentence, and said that their was issues! I will find out more, as I said, and let you know. I do know I tried to make it work, (JASON, who has a Vivid tried to make it work, and the pro watched the ball going down the lane! It made me feel better knowing that it was not just me!! Anyway, all you that do have a good one GREAT!!
I know I had my V.G. Nanno drilled along the same line, and it works great!! As I have said, Jason who is a 220 average bowler, said after bowling a 171 game with my Vivid, Weak going into the pocket, erratic, and unpredictable! My problem was that it was weak going into the pocket,,, If I could even hit the pocket?? I know Trent drilled it Right ON!!
He has drilled many balls for me! I have complete confidence in him. I am glad most of you are having good luck with your Vivid!!!

billf
06-13-2012, 10:52 PM
The only 100% guarantee in life is death. Mistakes happen that's why manufacturer's have warranties against defect in material and craftsmanship. The fact that there was a problem isn't what defines a company, it's how the treat the customer when there is a problem.
Mike is happy with how Trent treated him so in the end that's all that matters.

JaMau24
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
The only 100% guarantee in life is death.

I hear right when you're born you get infected with a poison called "Oxygen" and it will kill you on average about 76-82 years :p

martin
06-14-2012, 02:03 AM
so what happened to michael's vivid?

billf
06-14-2012, 03:33 PM
The pro shop replaced it with a Virtual Gravity Nano. Not sure why they didn't just replace it with a different Vivid.

MICHAEL
06-14-2012, 10:00 PM
so what happened to michael's vivid?

Bill , I think it was because he didn't know for sure if it was ME, or the Ball? He just knew it was not working for me, or even Jason! I think to to be safe he just decided to change balls, rather then find out that ( maybe its just the wrong ball for ME! Since I go to him for all my various ball needs, he just wanted me happy. I have purchased for me and my wife several balls from him, not to mention polishing, sanding ect. He gave me the V.G. Nanno to try in cover all bases! He just recently did some research on the ball, made some calls and found out that, his words: (Ball had issues)
I will find out more about his information, and pass it on. Does the V.G. Nanno bowl the same as the Vivid..... HELL NO!! (in my case)! My Vivid was a worthless ball to me!
I tried and TRIED to make it work! Anyway more information as I get it from Trent.
Funny I bowl on a leage with a guy that has a 210 average, he has a V.G. Nanno.... said it was one of the best balls he has ever had, for a about 100 games, then it went dead!
He tried everything oil removal, sanding, ect... (this guy knows bowling and has been doing it for many years). He brings about 6 balls to league, Jason knows him. His theory is that bowling mfgs make balls to go dead after a certain periond of time! Its what keeps the bussiness alive, (his words). He said how would they stay in bussiness if a ball last you many years! I hear this statement a lot on the board.... MY Ball has gone Dead. hummmmmmmm

martin
06-15-2012, 12:37 AM
maybe now that everybody know it's the ball, why not get a new vivid to replace the V.G Nano?

Hampe
06-15-2012, 02:26 AM
His theory is that bowling mfgs make balls to go dead after a certain periond of time! Its what keeps the bussiness alive, (his words). He said how would they stay in bussiness if a ball last you many years! I hear this statement a lot on the board.... MY Ball has gone Dead. hummmmmmmmEhhhh.....I don't know about that. Most serious bowlers I know have about 4-6 balls in their arsenal and are replacing one of them just about every year, regardless of whether or not the ball is still performing like it used to. Most people just have to have the cool "new" ball. A lot of the people I know that complain about balls dying don't clean their ball properly, or they are using a cheap-*** cleaner to do it. I use the expensive stuff (I'll have to look up what it's called later) on my balls, and you can really tell the difference between a good cleaner and a cheap one by looking at your towel (and the ball itself) after cleaning the ball. I've played at least 300 games with my VG (the original one), and that ball still turns the corner as hard as it used to.

Also, it wouldn't be smart for the manufacturers to do that. I don't know about you guys, but if I bought a ball, took good care of it, and it died after 100 games......I would never buy from that company again.

The Mayor
06-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes, extremely strong bowling balls like the Nano WILL die if they aren't maintained properly from the BEGINNING. Most people only start thinking about extracting oil or resurfacing AFTER they start noticing a change in reaction. Well... that's too late! You need to clean your bowling ball after every 3 games (a league session), you should take the surface back to it's original grit by sanding every 9-12 games and depending on your lane surface, you should do a full resurface every 50-80 games. These are just rough guidelines, but they will really help keep your reaction strong!

billf
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I have personal issue with the Storm bowling company. It has ZERO to do with their products. While I was on worker's comp and bowling a minimum of 155 games a week with my "Hy-Road and Victory Road (original), I would stop after 15 games and clean them. This is in addition to wiping off prior to every throw. I would do the sanding part once a week. These balls didn't die and I followed that routine for 14 months. That's an average of 4,650 games on each ball and they were used when I was injured.