PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Ball measurements

JCasey1992
06-15-2012, 03:27 AM
I am looking to buy some thumb slugs and finger inserts but I am overwhelmed by all the specifications (1 3/8", 1 1/4" etc.) How do I measure out what size is right for me? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey

bowl1820
06-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I am looking to buy some thumb slugs and finger inserts but I am overwhelmed by all the specifications (1 3/8", 1 1/4" etc.) How do I measure out what size is right for me? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey

First you know you have to have the holes redrilled so the inserts and slug will fit. So if you do that, you might as well just let the pro size you while there. That being said.

Most insert's require a 31/32" hole to fit in. then you pick the one with your finger size.

As for the thumb slug, it depends on the size of your thumb what size you would get. You don't want one too small or the walls of the slug would be too thin once they drill the hole.

travkoiboi
06-15-2012, 10:28 AM
switch grip makes things amazing. I love it. Probably best equipment invented.

billf
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Interchangeable thumbs (IT) are amazing. Even if you don't suffer from thumb swelling or other issue requiring different size thumbs, the IT gives the same feel for the thumb for every ball. This comfort level allows you to not have to think or worry about that part of your game. Best invention since reactive resin lol