PDA

View Full Version : Bowling machines that are on demand~~

MICHAEL
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Why not bowling machines that on demand can set up pin placements for practice? I would think it could be done, maybe not even that much added expense. Say you wanted to work on your 10 pin, or 7 pin, or various splits. Just dial it in and practice. As far as a charge, it could be by the hour, or frame! Come on what’s the hold up! This is 2012, time for some changes!! I know it would be very popular with many bowlers I know! Do you know how hard it is to get a 10 pin set up by bowing it!! Ok ,,, maybe not so hard! Lol. I think we have the ability to make machines that would give many of the more serious bowlers great practice opportunities!!!

billf
06-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm with you Mike. The technology has to be there given all the more complex things we can do. Maybe it's the expense of upgrade or lack of communication in letting owners know the technology is available?

ursus
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Great idea!! Since you are retired you have some time to work on something like that

kev3inp
06-17-2012, 10:59 AM
It could be done. The suggestion has been brought up before, but no one has ever done anything with it. It would require a fairly radical redesign of the pinsetters, though, necessitating individual solenoids for each pin spot and developing control circuitry interfaced
with the player's console. I think that the breakdown factor would multiply with each add on, too.

MICHAEL
06-17-2012, 11:19 AM
It could be done. The suggestion has been brought up before, but no one has ever done anything with it. It would require a fairly radical redesign of the pinsetters, though, necessitating individual solenoids for each pin spot and developing control circuitry interfaced
with the player's console. I think that the breakdown factor would multiply with each add on, too.

Like Captain Picard of the Star Ship Enterprise,,,, “Make it So, Number 1!!! Build them,,,, And we will come!!! LOL Radical changes, only come when Radical ideas are made so!! Ahead Warp 9 !!

Yes a Big Time Trek fan!!

kev3inp
06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
My wife and I are, too. I was, she wasn't, but while she liked TOS she never gor into TNG or any of the others. We've now got the 1st 5 seasons of TNG and have been getting DS9 and Voyager from our local library. :) She did like Enterprise, but I didn't care for that one that much.

billf
06-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Solenoid activation would be easy. They could have a default of allowing the pins drop and when energized simply would swing a blocking arm across the rack. An interface console would take simple programming and could be turned off to allow normal default operation during league play. If this hasn't been done I may have found my newest hobby. Beats the hell out of programming electronic valve bodies for transmissions.

nev
06-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Some of the Brunswick Machines (like the Brunswick GS ) can spot pins individually

martinezsam2495
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
This does sound like a great idea, and will help many bowlers get that pesky pin who likes to stand tall.

ahankist
06-17-2012, 09:58 PM
The house that I bowl in is pretty new and they can set up any individual pins you want

billf
06-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Guess there's no reason for me to design a system then.

eugene02
06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Coaches in my country do that sometimes to train the player's accuracy.. So i guess it's possible in my country.. Just that it's not being opened to all..

americantrotter
06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
I always thought they should have a few lanes set up this way for random spares and you pay a different rate by the hour. (I'd pay more) It would greatly improve my focus on spares. I have a hard time ignoring the strike shot with a full frame. (Instead of aiming at a certain pin for spare practice)

MICHAEL
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I always thought they should have a few lanes set up this way for random spares and you pay a different rate by the hour. (I'd pay more) It would greatly improve my focus on spares. I have a hard time ignoring the strike shot with a full frame. (Instead of aiming at a certain pin for spare practice)

GREAT idea, we know they have the machines, but that they are expensive! So why not at all AMF’s alleys have say, 4 lanes that have that option? I think it would bring a lot of serious bowlers to their lanes!

billf
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Michael, AMF is a franchise so it would still be the franchisee that foots the bill. Even if they made it mandatory on new alleys it would be very hard if not illegal (depending on contract) to force the existing franchises. However, an owner with a vision could market it and make money from it.

MICHAEL
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Michael, AMF is a franchise so it would still be the franchisee that foots the bill. Even if they made it mandatory on new alleys it would be very hard if not illegal (depending on contract) to force the existing franchises. However, an owner with a vision could market it and make money from it.

Bill, I have a proposition! I have a few billion bucks still left over from bowling Jason, ( although I am loosing it fast). Lets buy our own place, You, Jason, and myself! Between us I think we could come up with One Damn Cool Place to Bowl!! New ideas, and concepts! Set the trend for the next 20 years!!
How does that saying go: Dreams are the stuff that reality is made of! Hummmmm

billf
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
I would love to. My fantasy is to win Powerball for a few hundred million and open a 100 lane alley. It would have 4 more lanes in the Pro Shop for coaching and trying balls out, watching new customers, etc.
It would be state of the art. I like the owner of my local alley and it's been family owned for 60 years so I would just bring him on as a partner. He could still run the alley and I would stay in the Pro Shop coaching all day. All kids under work permit age could bowl for free. Kids of work permit age would have to show a paystub for free bowling. The current kids summer bowling camp would then be free as well. The high school bowling team would get matched up to the equipment that suits that bowler best, for free. Starting to see why I would need to win so much? That's after I have the new helipad installed at Dayton Children's Hospital. Which, by the way, I will be doing a fundraiser for later this year.

MICHAEL
06-20-2012, 09:25 AM
I would love to. My fantasy is to win Powerball for a few hundred million and open a 100 lane alley. It would have 4 more lanes in the Pro Shop for coaching and trying balls out, watching new customers, etc.
It would be state of the art. I like the owner of my local alley and it's been family owned for 60 years so I would just bring him on as a partner. He could still run the alley and I would stay in the Pro Shop coaching all day. All kids under work permit age could bowl for free. Kids of work permit age would have to show a paystub for free bowling. The current kids summer bowling camp would then be free as well. The high school bowling team would get matched up to the equipment that suits that bowler best, for free. Starting to see why I would need to win so much? That's after I have the new helipad installed at Dayton Children's Hospital. Which, by the way, I will be doing a fundraiser for later this year.

sounds SWEET!!

MICHAEL
06-20-2012, 09:31 AM
My wife and I are, too. I was, she wasn't, but while she liked TOS she never gor into TNG or any of the others. We've now got the 1st 5 seasons of TNG and have been getting DS9 and Voyager from our local library. :) She did like Enterprise, but I didn't care for that one that much.

We have all the tapes/dvd/bluerays! Posters, and pictures all over our game room! Have to take a picture of some of our cool stuff!! (but not bowling related)!
We even watch them almost every night on Netflex before hitting the sack!! We are BOTH Trek Fans.... if you ever in Vegas, the Hilton has a COOOOOl set up with all sorts of Star Trek stuff... check it out!! We had a blast spending the whole day!

http://www.pcap.com/startrek.htm

austin
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Fairly certain all the GS brunswick machines are capable of this as the pin holders are all electric solenoid operated. I know they do re-stands from the service desk. When I had a training day couple of years back with a team I was in we were just doing 7 & 10 pin sparing.