PDA

View Full Version : need a ball to compliment my hy-road

Etrain
06-16-2012, 07:45 PM
looking to start with something a lil stronger then go to the hyroad hybrod coverstock when lane starte to dry during league play (fresh ths)
http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/Storm/6811/Hy-Road.html

i was looking into the victory rd solid but not sure if it will be to aggressive or mabye keep the hyroad as a starter and go with the frantic as a secondary? researched says they fit well together

(i want to keep it in the storm family

billf
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
The Frantic is stronger than the Hy-Road. I would suggest either the Fire Road (slightly stronger) or the IQ (even stronger). The Modern Marvel and the Vivid are even stronger.

The German Shepherd
06-16-2012, 10:48 PM
The Cross Road is a stronger ball but it may not be strong enough for heavy oil. If you want a ball that is good on heavy oil, go with the Vivid. BTW there is a reason why so many pros carry the HY-Road. It is a great ball...

Jay

Etrain
06-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm thinking of going with roto grip outlaw. Looks perfect with good reviews.

billf
06-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm thinking of going with roto grip outlaw. Looks perfect with good reviews.

What do you mean by a stronger ball? I'm asking because you keep naming balls with the same rating. Do you mean more angular? More oil? Quicker revving?

Etrain
06-17-2012, 05:04 PM
What do you mean by a stronger ball? I'm asking because you keep naming balls with the same rating. Do you mean more angular? More oil? Quicker revving?
im going by the perfect scale (bowling ball.com)

billf
06-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Ok but going from a 174 (Hy-Road) to a 194 (Victory Road Solid) really isn't much of a difference on the lanes. The Anarchy, IQ, IQ Tour and Marvel would give a more noticeable reaction. It's been my experience that you only notice the difference of around a 20 on the perfect scale on drier conditions, the more oil the more forgiving the scale, so to speak. I'm not trying to dissuade you from a choice but just want you to end up with what you're looking for in the reaction. Nothing sucks more than spending good money to end up with about what you already have.

The German Shepherd
06-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok but going from a 174 (Hy-Road) to a 194 (Victory Road Solid) really isn't much of a difference on the lanes. The Anarchy, IQ, IQ Tour and Marvel would give a more noticeable reaction. It's been my experience that you only notice the difference of around a 20 on the perfect scale on drier conditions, the more oil the more forgiving the scale, so to speak. I'm not trying to dissuade you from a choice but just want you to end up with what you're looking for in the reaction. Nothing sucks more than spending good money to end up with about what you already have.

Ditto to Billf. If you want a ball that is stronger, going with a 190 rated ball really is an intermediate step. Look for something like a Modern Marvel, Vivid or the new IQ. Absolutely...

Jay

Stormed1
06-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Modern marvel is a beast. I would also look at the Roto Grip Defiant if you want to stay in the Storm/Roto family Vivid is also strong but based on the stuff i've drilled fort people i would go with the Defiant