PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jun 18, 2012 to Jun 24, 2012 - Roto Grip Alliance 2 Ball Tote Red/Gold

BowlingBoards.com
06-18-2012, 12:31 AM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Alliance 2 Ball Tote Red/Gold for a random poster from Jun 18, 2012 through Jun 24, 2012.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

martin
06-18-2012, 01:09 AM
what's this? a bowling bag?

martinezsam2495
06-18-2012, 02:08 AM
I think so,
but still that's pretty sweet!

billf
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes it is. Roto-Grip makes some pretty sweet bags too.

eugene02
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
regardless bag or ball.. a gift is still the best! hahaha

americantrotter
06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I love Roto grip stuff. (I have 3 a Bandit, Mutant Cell, and Defiant) But the bags are not their best looking products! LOL

TheSheibs
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I just ordered a K2 Eliminator 2 ball roller bag on Sunday. Watch since I have a new bag on the way and should get it by Friday or Saturday of this week, I'll end up winning this bag so that the universe/karma can make a joke at my expense.

GeorgiaStroker
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm too old for a tote, I have to have a roller bag or I'll be out of the game before I get out of the garage. lol

billf
06-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm too old for a tote, I have to have a roller bag or I'll be out of the game before I get out of the garage. lol
I'm with you there. It's hard enough to get the 4 ball roller, 2 piece Roto-Grip bag out of the trunk lol

striker12
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
i could really use this bag now my c300 2 ball toat has finaly broke on my way out of the bowling allie and my ball fell right out of the bottom and i sead lucky my other ball never fell out, would you of guessed there gose the other ball. lol

abishai
06-19-2012, 11:37 AM

I'm only 34 and need a roller:( Damn back.

The German Shepherd
06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
My wife got me a 3-ball roller for Fathers' Day and it is a blessing. Much easier to get in and out of the car trunk (or "boot" if you are from the UK) and wheeling it around is so much easoer than toting a ball over your shoulder.

Jay

striker12
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
i have to use a roller because most of the time i have to walk to the bowling allie witch is a 45min walk soo i normnaly just put my tote on my roller but it dose get heavy after awhile but i alway go to the bowling allie a hr early soo it gives me enoph time to get my strength back. now got to see what i get for my birthday hopfuly some more golf clubs i just on sunday broke my driver the end came right off, normaly i would go get it put back on but the end is somewhere in the lake lol

MICHAEL
06-19-2012, 03:10 PM
How about posting a picture of the bag? ... How about a ball sander/polisher? About the same price as a ball?

billf
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Careful. don't to come off as greedy or before you know it a towel will be the prize

striker12
06-19-2012, 07:19 PM
lol i could use a new towel i put my dv8 towel on my wall and gave my other one to the guy at the pro shop cause i dont need 2 of them but i was joking around with him when i gave it too him trying to trade him it for the rotogrip defiant lol

billf
06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
a DV8 towel for a Defiant ball. Sounds like you would have gotten the short end of that deal.

beerframe
06-20-2012, 03:45 AM
I have a roto grip shooting star and I could totally use a new bag mine is beat up handle is dented, wheels are shot.

beerframe
06-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I have a roto grip shooting star and I could totally use a new bag mine is beat up bad!

striker12
06-20-2012, 03:21 PM
billf i would not get the short end of the deal the DV8 towel came free with the DV8 ball i got and the defiant could get me some good games and maby win a turnny with it lol but i gave it to him for free afterwords, but then he sead the only thing i would get of the defiant is the core thing that he had of it, it was fun i ave also tryed to get him to resurface my bowling balls for free cause after he dose it then he rights the paper work up and i was like cya see you next time but one thing i did the first time wrong was i frogot my ball lol.........there you go billf now you cna make fun of my writing

billf
06-20-2012, 10:46 PM
.there you go billf now you cna make fun of my writing

Not this time man. A FREE DV8 towel is still worth more than a Roto-Grip ball, even the Defiant. You have a Hell Raiser Revenge that can handle anything the Defiant can and then some. There isn't a tourney the Defiant would be better in than the HRR. Both my HRRs and my Nexxus EASILY drive through the pocket better than the Defiant I threw. The layout is the same as one of my HRRs, the pattern was 2008 USA team trials (48 feet). I just remember that I wasn't as impressed with the Defiant as I was with the other three balls.

striker12
06-21-2012, 10:46 AM
ok alright but i dont really need 2 dv8 towels already got the c300 towel got i got given to me a few years ago but one thing i can tell your if ou bowled at my bowling allie on the lanes i bowl on and when they put water in the oil you would get pissed i got my HHR ment for a ealry roll and it would never roll out and i was only shooting streght up 10 at that time i had to go to my c300 freeze and throw it right to the pocket.

The German Shepherd
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Not this time man. A FREE DV8 towel is still worth more than a Roto-Grip ball, even the Defiant. You have a Hell Raiser Revenge that can handle anything the Defiant can and then some. There isn't a tourney the Defiant would be better in than the HRR. Both my HRRs and my Nexxus EASILY drive through the pocket better than the Defiant I threw. The layout is the same as one of my HRRs, the pattern was 2008 USA team trials (48 feet). I just remember that I wasn't as impressed with the Defiant as I was with the other three balls.

Call it just a guess here, but somehow I get the vague idea that Billf does not like Roto Grip balls...:eek:

Jay

striker12
06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
i think soo but i have never thrown a rotogrip ball or a storm ball but i wanted the defiant cause it was purple and most of my balls are purple my freeze has purple in it my HHr has purple in it and also my spare ball has some purple in it lol.

but i want to get the nexxus, vivid, defiant just to test them all out and say i dont like the vivid or defiant i can give them to my brother even those i have a bigger finger span them him he bowls 2 handed

billf
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Here's my issue with Storm/Roto-Grip. I used them exclusively the first 5 years I bowled. Earlier this year I received an e-mail from both companies about a matchmaker event near me. The e-mail said it started at 1:00 pm. I took the day off from work, drove the 80 miles to the alley hosting the event. I walked in to register and was told the event was at 9:00 am. So I drove the 80 miles home and double checked the e-mail. I was correct, starts at 1:00 pm. While on Facebook I posted how upset I was along with another man. This was Roto-Grip's Facebook page. A guy from their company said to e-mail him with the details and he would look in to it and "make it worth the trip". I e-mailed copies of everything and they showed me how much they valued me as a loyal customer, I'VE YET TO HEAR ANYTHING BACK! So instead of investing money in a new Storm/Roto-Grip arsenal I went with DV8. No real reason other than after e-mailing them asking information they were very helpful and even CALLED me to make sure the information was what I was looking for. So I purchased, at the same time, two Hell Raiser Revenge, Reckless and a Misfit.
I wasn't looking for anything other than a reply that said, "Sorry but there was a miscommunication between the center and our rep". That would have satisfied me. I'm alright with human error when it's owned up to but to just totally ignore me after I did as requested, they can kiss my...

striker12
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
yeah bill i understand you now but if i have had a problem like that but a turnny that my pro shop guy told me about and drove me too and when we got there the turnny was over and it was aspoce to be a 2pm and it started at 6am soo he made them paying for the gas that we just wasted cause of there error but they paided for the gas and also gave me a sheet for all the turnnys and it sead on it 2pm and i showed that to them when they never seen it. but who cares im planning on going to a nationals at least there times are corect

krullstars21
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
hello all hey new bag i can only hope ....but if not its cool i try again

billf
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
hello all hey new bag i can only hope ....but if not its cool i try again

STRIKER, it appears we have someone here trying to take away your crown for improper grammar.
Chris,the Shift key capitalizes the letters.:cool:

striker12
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
if he wants it he can have it but it will cost him 10grand

ursus
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Here's my issue with Storm/Roto-Grip. I used them exclusively the first 5 years I bowled. Earlier this year I received an e-mail from both companies about a matchmaker event near me. The e-mail said it started at 1:00 pm. I took the day off from work, drove the 80 miles to the alley hosting the event. I walked in to register and was told the event was at 9:00 am. So I drove the 80 miles home and double checked the e-mail. I was correct, starts at 1:00 pm. While on Facebook I posted how upset I was along with another man. This was Roto-Grip's Facebook page. A guy from their company said to e-mail him with the details and he would look in to it and "make it worth the trip". I e-mailed copies of everything and they showed me how much they valued me as a loyal customer, I'VE YET TO HEAR ANYTHING BACK! So instead of investing money in a new Storm/Roto-Grip arsenal I went with DV8. No real reason other than after e-mailing them asking information they were very helpful and even CALLED me to make sure the information was what I was looking for. So I purchased, at the same time, two Hell Raiser Revenge, Reckless and a Misfit.
I wasn't looking for anything other than a reply that said, "Sorry but there was a miscommunication between the center and our rep". That would have satisfied me. I'm alright with human error when it's owned up to but to just totally ignore me after I did as requested, they can kiss my...

I knew you had a bad experience with them but never knew the details. I would be steamed too if I was you. It seems there has been a steady decline in customer service in this country and a lack of companies standing behind their products or services. Sad really

billf
06-21-2012, 11:49 PM
When you said country you got it right. Companies are folding left and right. The others are fighting for every percentage they can get and yet they all seem to act like they don't care if you buy their products. Dexter was exceptional. I bought shoes off of bowlingball.com and the non-slide shoe sole started to come apart. I e-mailed Dexter and sent the requested photographs. They answered with a tracking number and immediately sent out a new pair of shoes. I would have been happy to just get the right shoe replaced but they sent both. First look and I noticed a design change. But the way they handled it was great. Kept me informed through the entire process.

ursus
06-22-2012, 12:21 AM
A little bit of customer service goes a long way, creates good will and a committed loyal customer base

BowlingBoards.com
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Congrats to the winner of the Roto Grip Alliance 2 Ball Tote.... GeorgiaStroker!

eugene02
06-25-2012, 01:19 PM
congrats to GeorgiaStroker for winning the bag!

striker12
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
gratz georgiastroker

GeorgiaStroker
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks, as I said I'm too old for a tote, but my son has been bugging me to get him a spare ball, so now I guess he will be the one to lug it around. Wonder if anybody ever won back to back? It would be sweet to win a HRR. lol

The German Shepherd
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Congrats to Georgiastroker! That bag looks great...

Jay

martin
06-26-2012, 04:17 AM
congratz.. :)

Smiles
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm with you there. It's hard enough to get the 4 ball roller, 2 piece Roto-Grip bag out of the trunk lol

I was looking at that roller! It looks really nice. How is it? I may buy one now to future proof myself for my other balls in the future.

billf
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
It's awesome. The only thing I don't like is it's two balls wide. Our house is cramped so that makes it hard to get around. The fact the top bag comes off the bottom bag/roller set up makes taking just 2 balls inside easier. I'm waiting for DV8 to come out with a 6 or 8 ball roller for my next bag. I've had this Roto-Grip bag for a few years now, not a single quality issue.

GeorgiaStroker
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
If I had an eight ball bag I'd sure enough have to hire someone to put it in and take it out of the truck for me. It's bad enough putting the 2 ball roller on that tailgate.

billf
06-29-2012, 08:16 AM
That's what younger teammates are for