MotivMike
06-18-2012, 09:51 PM
The Bowler:
Ball speed = 17
Rev Rate = 400
PAP = 5 ¾, 3/8 up

The Ball: Motiv Ascent Pearl
Surface = 2000 Polished

The Ascent Pearl is a long and strong entry level bowling ball. This ball will give you lots of length with a quick change of direction. The Ascent Pearl is a pleasure to use on broken down patterns and lighter house shots. It glides down the lane ignoring dry patches and bouncing off the friction down lane with an angular breakpoint. The purple and pink pearl is easy on the eyes and gets noticed quick from other bowlers. I was able to use this ball going straight up the lane or I can go in deep and bring it back on the lighter patterns. It does need friction to get it started but the Ascent Pearl is several boards stronger than the RX1 Silver Pearl on the same lane conditions. This balls strength is also one of its weaknesses, with the easy length it can wiggle on carry down, but if that’s an issue in your home center I would also recommend purchasing the Ascent Solid. I’ve also found the Pearl shines on sport patterns later in tournament blocks during the dreaded BURN.

In closing: This Gem makes a fantastic light oil ball as well as an entry level ball for someone looking to hook the ball for the first time.
Michael Mambourg
Motiv Staff

www.Motivbowling.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0OIOkihfQw&feature=g-upl