PDA

View Full Version : If You were to Model Your game...

The German Shepherd
06-19-2012, 12:40 PM
If you were able to model your style/shot/game after a touring pro, who would you be? When I was a young bowler, I wanted to be like Mark Roth - an abosolute animal on the lanes. I tried to do everything like him - screwing my thumb into the thum hole; loading my wrist; hitting the ball hard at the release, etc.l. What I ended up with was people telling me that I looked like Ed Ressler (anyone remember him?) with a snappier follow through.

If you could throw the ball like one of the pros, who would you be? Who's game do you most emulate???

Jay

billf
06-19-2012, 01:05 PM
If i could bowl like anybody I would choose either Sean Rash or Tommy Jones. Injuries have hurt Jones and Rash is his own worst enemy. But the physical tools both possess are phenomenal. I bowl more like a right handed Rhino Page though.

GeorgiaStroker
06-19-2012, 01:25 PM
I'd like to think I'm a pure stroker like Earl Anthony or WRW Jr, but my game probably looks like a mixture of Curly and Shemp Howard.

MinnesotaBowler
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
If I could bowl like any pro, I would probably choose either Mika Koivuniemi or Mike Fagan. They both are very versatile players. They both are very good at playing any part of the lane and are good at lofting.

Etrain
06-19-2012, 06:36 PM
belmo for sure.... to have his speed and accuracy would be awesome.

ursus
06-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I think Norm Duke, very versatile and can adapt well to varying conditions

The German Shepherd
06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
From the success they have had, Norm Duke and WRW may have the best "all conditions" games out there...I wonder what kind of success a bowler like Belmo would have in a plastic ball tournament??

J.

MinnesotaBowler
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM
From the success they have had, Norm Duke and WRW may have the best "all conditions" games out there...I wonder what kind of success a bowler like Belmo would have in a plastic ball tournament??

J.

Jason Belmonte finished second in the 2009-2010 Mark Roth Plastic Ball Championship. And the next year he finished 6th... so pretty well actually.

J Anderson
06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Would love to bowl like either Johnny Petraglia, or Parker Bohn III. I probably look more like a slightly smaller version of Mike Scroggins, without the ability to average 240 in league.

billf
06-20-2012, 10:20 PM
John, I always thought that if somebody superimposed Mr. Petraglia over Parker Bohn III that there wouldn't even be a shadow. Those are definitely two of the best lefties of all time with impeccable form.