PDA

View Full Version : I did it! Ordered my own Ball Spinner!!

MICHAEL
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Personal Ball Spinner - 1/3 HP

Related Items
On/Off Foot Control Switch for Personal Spinner $29.95
Shop Apron $19.95
Abralon Polishing Discs - Set of 6 $18.00
SIAAIR Velvet Pads - 240 $3.00
Smart Pro $53.95
Item #: 55-102-PS13
Manufacturer: Innovative Bowling Products
This product is great for sanding and/or polishing your bowling ball to get the perfect ball surface. It is also ideal for tournaments, high school teams, collegiate teams, states, and nationals.

•1/3 HP Personal Spinnger (also available in 1/2 HP).
•Made from virtually indestructible nylon
•Precision machined bowl eliminates wobble
•Protective cap to shield motor from dirt and debris
•Premium weatherproof bearing shafts to withstand every day torture
•Heavy duty switch for lasting reliability
•5 year warranty on everything
•8' supply cord
•115 Volt operation
•Completely portable
•Made in the U.S.A.

Starter kit included with purchase! $29.95 value.

Ball Spinner Starter Kit Includes:
•(6) Wet or Dry Sandpaper 5 pks of 320G, 400G, 600G, 800G, 1000G, 1200G
•(2) Scotch Brite Hand Pads - Gray and Maroon
•(1) 8 oz. Compound
•(1) 8 oz. Polish
•(1) 8 oz. Cleaner
•(1) Towel

Includes the "How To Reach Your Maximum Strike Potential" manual and DVD. $34.95 value.

Price$199.95

Products

Package Specials
Ball Spinners
Sanding ProductsSmart Tools
Surface Kits
Abralon
Siaair
Scotch Brite
Wet or Dry Sandpaper
Taxi

Polishes & CleanersPro's Choice
Storm

Parts & Accessories
Manuals

MICHAEL
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Also got the foot pedal for 29.95...... Thanks to the moderator on this site for guiding me to the better suppliers!
Can’t wait to experiment! I will probably wind up with a 15lb bowling ball the size of a marble!!! LoL Can having a spinner be a lot like plastic surgery???? You have to know when to JUST STOP!!! My thoughts being of Michael Jackson!

billf
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe you should start with your spare ball until you get the hang of it. Don't do friends balls for free either. Once you do, to be nice, they expect it all the time and the supplies aren't free.

bowl1820
06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Tips-
The top of the ball sands faster than the sides.

Abralon pads, a lot of users mark them with the start date or number of balls done with it To keep track of how wore they have gotten. Also keep them rinsed out, they'll cut better.

Don't lean on it. (This means don't use excessive pressure on your pads or paper.)

You can't have too many towels, (Terry cloth preferred)

GeorgiaStroker
06-21-2012, 11:52 PM
The manual and dvd that come with the spinner are worth their weight in...well gold is pretty high right now but at least silver. Lots of good info about setting up a ball arsenal.

eugene02
06-22-2012, 01:56 AM
hope i can afford one soon! hee.. it just cost $2 SGD ($1.50 USD??) to polish/sand a ball in the pro shop i go very seldom.. but shall go when needed..

edpup316
06-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Anyone know what the grit of the gray and maroon scotch brite pads are??

bowl1820
06-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Anyone know what the grit of the gray and maroon scotch brite pads are??

Scotch-Brite Nylon Pads

Product #-Color-Grit
7445-White-1200
-Blue ?-1000
7448-Lt. Gray-800
6448-Dark Green-600
7447-Maroon-320
6444-Brown-240
7446-Dark Gray-220
7440-Tan-120

Click for my bowling_grit_chart.pdf (http://home.earthlink.net/%7Elitefrozen/downloads/bowling_grit_chart.pdf)

Hampe
06-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Congrats on the new purchase Mike! Let us know how it goes with the spinner. Me and my bowling buddy have been discussing getting one together for a few weeks now.

TheSheibs
06-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I would recommend testing this out on a old ball that you don't use anymore. That way if it ends up the size of a marble, you would still have the balls you use all the time. Doesn't sanding a ball also bring it "back to life", so to speak? You can also polish after sanding and make it have a nice finish like it was new. Maybe it will get you using those old balls instead of buying new ones. Seems like a great $200 spent since by doing this you are able to bring a ball back to almost new conditions......hmmmmm...thinking if I could justify getting one to the wife.

The German Shepherd
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I have ball spinner envy. Well done and please let us know how everything works for oyu.

Jay

kev3inp
06-23-2012, 02:57 PM
You'd be surprised how little actually comes off. I wonder just how long it would take to get below the engraving. I love my spinner. My biggest problem has been inconsistent polishing. Sometimes my Slingshot comes out fine, other times I make it a spare ball and I have to redo it. It's great for keeping a consistent surface on a ball, too. I use 4000 abralon for my Lanebreaker and it comes out right every time.

bowl1820
06-23-2012, 04:13 PM
You'd be surprised how little actually comes off. I wonder just how long it would take to get below the engraving. I love my spinner. My biggest problem has been inconsistent polishing. Sometimes my Slingshot comes out fine, other times I make it a spare ball and I have to redo it. It's great for keeping a consistent surface on a ball, too. I use 4000 abralon for my Lanebreaker and it comes out right every time.

If they engraved them as deep as they use to, it would take along time to sand it off.

On the polishing , try spreading the polish around the ball surface before turning the spinner on. If you put it on while spinning it's harder to spread it evenly.

MICHAEL
06-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I just watched to DVD,,, great information! Also just finished my Wife’s ball! I did not tell her that I resurfaced it. It will be fun to see how it works out. We are going bowling this evening! I also experimented with my 3 balls! I have a notebook that has all the details as to what I did to each! It will be fun to see how it turns out. ESP,,, (((((my wife’s ball, that she does not know I messed with! Susshhhh!!!) Thanks for all the advice and pointers!

billf
06-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Let us know how it works out. My lips are sealed but only on the matter of your wife's ball.

MICHAEL
06-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Logged all the various fazes I put each ball through! Since they are all different, important to know what I did to each, and how they responded. I know the lanes also make a huge difference. When we bowl league, fresh house pattern, oil!
It made a big difference in each ball. I followed the procedures and tweaked each ball differently!
Wow… what a difference!!!!!!!! I wish I would have gotten one of these before bowling Jason!
My Wife’s Cyclone was starting to lose its kick , that was so sweet when she first got the ball. I sanded it with 350…… then 500….. then 800,,, and polished the ball! It looked, and worked great!! She said: Wow I was about to take you up on getting that new ball last week….”But why spend the money on a new one when you can make mine come back to life…”” Yes,,, she is not stupid!! She knew I worked on it! Thank YOU JESUS,,,, I did a good job, or I would be living in the camper at this moment! One thing about my wife,,, don’t mess with her stuff!! She is a hands on woman herself! After throwing several strikes….. no complaints!!
I did great also…… but I fear Jason might be reading this, and I am not about to pass information on to him! Lets just say that when you own a spinner,,,,,,, it can put a new spin on bowling challenges!!
As I get better and better at using this remarkable tool,,, I look to hit that 700 series this summer, and that elusive,,,, been close many times,,,,300 game!
we bowled 6 games, her best 3 were 187, 192, and 171. she is at the present time a 152 average league bowler.

Hampe
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice one :). I might have to get a spinner after all :D

MICHAEL
06-28-2012, 08:24 AM
I haven’t had soooooo much fun since I discovered girls, back in 1965!! I highly recommend one
To all you bowlers that want that edge!! I am having a BLAST!!!!! Its fun checking out all the different
Surfaces you can apply and watch the effect it has on the ball performance! What a Blast!! (hay I am
Old and it doesn’t take a lot to make me happy,,, ask my wife!!

MICHAEL
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I dress up all my balls, as best I could at my age, and logged it all in tablet what I did to each! Also did my wife’s two balls…. Ok,,, let me make this clear,,, BOWLING BALLS! Also made notes as to what I did to them… Did not touch, other than light cleaning the new MANIC…. It worked so good first use; I didn’t want to harm a single grove!! Will let you know how the ball spinner worked out dressing the balls for the first time!

MICHAEL
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
God, I enjoy being retired!! Gives me lots of time to go play with my balls. That spinner has be like a new addition to the family! How did I ever bowl without it???? Well time to PLAY!! lol

MICHAEL
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
My wife did not like the way her cyclone was working Tuesday night league! I polished and gave it a 1200 surface. Today I gave it a 350, then 500 abalon pad And it had that little kick she wanted! So the spinner is now a huge tool used to make adjustments in bowling ball dynamics going down, and into the pocket!

MICHAEL
07-07-2012, 12:53 AM
She liked the 350, then 500 surface today,,, more or a steady hook and then dive into the pocket, (when she hit her marks)!
She said, " keep my hands of the ball for 30 or so games"! Hummm how did she know it usually lasts about that long????

That adjustment was on her Cyclone! She will only let me clean the MANIC,,,, its working GREAT AS IS!! LOL

ursus
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM
She liked the 350, then 500 surface today,,, more or a steady hook and then dive into the pocket, (when she hit her marks)!
She said, " keep my hands of the ball for 30 or so games"! Hummm how did she know it usually lasts about that long????

That adjustment was on her Cyclone! She will only let me clean the MANIC,,,, its working GREAT AS IS!! LOL

LOL!! It is best not to touch a Manic, you never know what may happen