PDA

View Full Version : My first bowling video

martinezsam2495
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I know it's not great, and I was just trying out the 2 hand approach,
my regular throw is not like this, and I didn't get my regular throw recorded. But I played 5 games with 2 hands, all the games were above 130,
My highest was 155,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCTYztEGb3Q

ursus
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Next time see if you can get more of the approach on film. Maybe have the camera directly behind. All you could make out was the release

martinezsam2495
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah I know, my mom was recording, I told her to film me as I go,
but she was just staring at the pins,

TheSheibs
06-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Kind of a dark video. It was hard to really see any detail of what exactly was going on. Your release seemed good but it seems like you finish off balance. I suggest the ol' statue of liberty where you freeze like a statue after you release the ball. It would help with follow through also. I am wondering if you are going to stay with the 2-hand style or if you are going to be using the two finger style? It would be best to stick to one or the other till you get more consistent with your approach, release, and follow through. Once you have those down then start "perfecting" the other style. Switching back and forth could cause you to be inconsistent since both use different releases.

martinezsam2495
06-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Kind of a dark video. It was hard to really see any detail of what exactly was going on. Your release seemed good but it seems like you finish off balance. I suggest the ol' statue of liberty where you freeze like a statue after you release the ball. It would help with follow through also. I am wondering if you are going to stay with the 2-hand style or if you are going to be using the two finger style? It would be best to stick to one or the other till you get more consistent with your approach, release, and follow through. Once you have those down then start "perfecting" the other style. Switching back and forth could cause you to be inconsistent since both use different releases.
What I'm thinking of, is using 2 hand approach as my strike shot, and 2 fingers as my spare shot, since usually it's the 7 pin that stays up.