PDA

View Full Version : IQ TOUR review by Storm staffer Jeff Richgels

Riggs
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
The IQ TOUR ball details are here:
http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/iqtouredition

You can find a picture of my IQ on my blog here:
http://www.11thframe.com/page/reviews

There has been a lot of talk that the IQ TOUR has the core of the TOUR POWER, which is one of the great control balls of all time. The IQ TOUR core is not exactly the TOUR POWER core, but the fast-revving symmetrical C3-Centripetal Control Core is close enough to think of it that way. The very low 0.029 differential (15-pounders) is the number that stands out. Put it with the R2S solid coverstock (4,000 Abralon box finish) that was used in great balls like the SPECIAL AGENT and T-ROAD SOLID and you have what should be a great benchmark ball.
That certainly was my thinking in choosing a drilling with the pin under my bridge and the CG kicked right at about 60 to 75 degrees. I chose the pin under drilling because if it's going to be a benchmark ball for fresh oil it better have a drilling that gets it rolling. My 61/64 weight hole is at P3, which should increase flare by 21 percent
The PIN to PAP is 5, PAP to "MB" is 4 7/8, and pin buffer is 4 3/4.
I have used the IQ on a wet-dry house shot on Brunswick ProLane synthetics and the PBA Chameleon pattern in a PBA Regional on older Brunswick synthetics.
My reaction to the IQ TOUR is simply: WOW!
The midlane move on the IQ TOUR is incredible. On the house shot, I had to get about 3-and-2 deeper than I was with the IQ and could throw it very hard and it never went through the breakpoint.
And it was completely unusable on Chameleon for my moderate speed/tweener rev rate combination.
I can't wait to try it on a heavier/longer Sport pattern than the 39-foot, typically flying Chameleon, and on a house shot with a lot more oil than the place I tried it usually uses.
It's also possible that I could use it on lighter patterns if I shined the cover, but I want to try it on heavier oil before I do that.
If you're someone looking for a ball that makes a strong move in the midlane, the IQ TOUR is a ball you should get. If that's something you don't like, you probably want to avoid it, or at least plan on shining it a lot.