PDA

View Full Version : NEW! MOTIV 2Cruel Review and Video by KG

Mappa
06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
The new MOTIV 2Cruel is the new Heavy Oil Asymmetric glides through the heads easily, gains traction in the mid-lane, then finishes super aggressively. Where this ball shines is the easy back end that it gives me. But this is not a skid-flip ball – with the mid-lane traction, I really have confidence that I won’t over shoot the break point. This allows me to stay aggressive with my ball speed, which is a bonus when playing high volume patterns.

On a typical house shot – this ball is… well, really fun to throw. Super fun. You really get the feeling that you have unlimited room right.

In a sport shot tournament situation, the 2Cruel is ideal 2 or 3 games into a block on heavy oil when carry down makes the lanes tight down lane. And I can stay with this ball a lot longer than you typically can with other strong equipment, because of how easy the ball gets through the heads.

Here is a video of me rolling the 2Cruel on the Main Street Pattern which is the house shot that my bowling center puts down. The second part of the video, I roll all 12 of the current balls in the MOTIV line-up back to back, so you can see how each ball fits into the arsenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmEoNB8i2g

The 2Cruel stores energy extremely well. But it’s the way that the energy is unleashed is what makes this ball special. It seems to gain momentum as it heads down the lane, but still keeps the pins low as it heads through the deck.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff